Great News!!! Finally got a day to myself annnd...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
i'm finally gonna tackle the "Valve Check/Adjust" job with step-by-step pictorial/tutorial post thingy...right after i make my sunday morning bagel run w/ my middle daughter Marissa.

also...3 things...

1. I may not be able to get it ALL done today (pending any unforseens) and it may run into finishing up tomorrow evening and?...

2. Here's hoping that at least one of my valves are out of spec so i have good reason to illustrate the "Cam R&R" part and finally?...

3. I apologize to all for having delayed this so long as i recieved the shim bank just before Daytona's bike week (two weekends ago) and i had outta state guests and business to take care of this past weekend...but..today?..."I'm On It!"
biggrin.gif

soon as i have a bagel.
laugh.gif

Thanks again to GIXERHP (for the shim kit) and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Have a bagel for me, Oh never mind I'm going to Ihop!
Good luck!

jus a couple...

oooohhhhh....

VALVE8.jpg

aaahhhhhhhh....

VALVE12.jpg

teaser pix to letchu folks know...i'm on it!
biggrin.gif

prolly won't finish up till tomorrow evening...i wanna pull at least one of the cams,might hafta pick up a couple unforseens and i gotz a few things i might toss on the surface grinder at work tomorrow.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 25 2007,06:34) Have a bagel for me, Oh never mind I'm going to Ihop!
Good luck!
I'm on a diet, so have one of those cinnamon waffles for me. Oh, and some bacon. (I really miss bacon.)
cool.gif

If I tried to do it myself it would probably be out more than when I started.
biggrin.gif
Looking forward to seeing more of the inside of the busa.

Later Bill.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Some unbelievable detail in those pics, Jinks.

Even though I can't work on my bike (no place to do it, and I'd never open her up that much), it's a pleasure reading (and seeing) your step-by-step maintenance posts.

bowdown.gif

(georgiabusa_05 @ Mar. 25 2007,11:28) If I tried to do it myself it would probably be out more than when I started.  
biggrin.gif
 Looking forward to seeing more of the inside of the busa.

Later Bill.  
biggrin.gif
bullhockey..you gotz the smartz to pull this off Tim...most all here do....the just need a lewis & clark pioneering sorta guy like myself to map out the way...this is a childs play job once it's mapped out in technicolor detail..and gett'in them clearances adjusted nice and tight like getz the most performance outta yer busa.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(05 Busa LE @ Mar. 25 2007,12:32) Some unbelievable detail in those pics, Jinks.  

Even though I can't work on my bike (no place to do it, and I'd never open her up that much), it's a pleasure reading (and seeing) your step-by-step maintenance posts.

bowdown.gif
checking your valves is maybe a 2 hour job..maybe 4-6 hours if ya hafta pull the cams to swap out shims..it's something you could get done in the driveway on a sunny sunday afternoon..it's taking me longer cause i'm screw'in around snapping pix and formulat'in a tutorial and trying my best to think through all the idiot proofing along the way to make things real understandable and easy to do....a post with 10 minutes worth of pix and reading that'll have even the most novice wrench knowing exactly what he's doing from start to finish before he ever pulls the fairings....today i snapped 12 pix along the way...what you see here are just two of'em.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

NONE TOO EXCITED
rock.gif
....C'mon now. Some of us have been goofing around with other busa-philes. I JUST GOT HOME !!!. Post the pics, procedures, and adjust specs. I'm a motorhead there jinks, and I LIKE IT !!!!. You lead and I'll follow. I ain't afraid of no valve adjust...even with a cam shaft R&R !!!!
super.gif

You wouldn't believe the difference in the suspension response after your original suspension tutorial.......
bowdown.gif
Niiiice.........

You actually take the tank off to do the check? I suppose it facilitates the pix. Carry on, my good man! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

(Wag @ Mar. 26 2007,12:flamethrowing:) You actually take the tank off to do the check?  I suppose it facilitates the pix.  Carry on, my good man!  Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
yes...and?...edzackery...."Pic Management 101"

BTW folks....i got some bad news...all my valves are within spec...1 or two could be "Made Better" but i'm hesitant to violate O-Rens stock cam journals/torques and CCT (Cam Chain Tensioner) for no sound logic or reason other than for demonstartion purposes...gotta sleep on that one tonight.
sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

okay...c'mon guys...hwta would you do?...all valves are within spec but a couple could be "made better" and i really wanted to do "The Full Gig" as far as illustrating both "Check" and "ADJUST" so....give me some motivation here..are there many (if any) of you whop intend to benefit from the shim bank and a complete step-by-step pictorial/tutorial post?..cause if not?...i'd just as soon leave my valves be...but if so?...i'll carry on and pull the cams and makes the couple of valves that are close to the edge of spec "better"...so...lemme know if my efforts are gonna be worth while or?....not.

T.I.A. and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(macbusa @ Mar. 27 2007,13:51) You have to pull the cam to swap shims?  Ah man....

I do miss my old Rex sometimes.....  
wink.gif
gee...that's funny....i miss my old REX as well...

burnout.jpg

rex1.jpg

rex2.jpg

they were great daze.
biggrin.gif

Back