Great liter bike shootout

It didn't, look at the starts closer. He was the only one to get off the line properly from the beginning.

The rider on the BMW completely botched the start and still had the power to catch all the way back up at the end.

Something is still odd though since some of the bikes had aftermarket exhaust and some were stock, why? ???

BMW is still the KING of the liters if we are talking straight line speed! :beerchug:

It didn't, look at the starts closer. He was the only one to get off the line properly from the beginning.

The rider on the BMW completely botched the start and still had the power to catch all the way back up at the end.

Something is still odd though since some of the bikes had aftermarket exhaust and some were stock, why? ???

BMW is still the KING of the liters if we are talking straight line speed! :beerchug:

These bikes are all really close in performance though. If the Gixxer is that close, would love to see what happens if Suzuki invests a bit in new tooling.

Lets face it no litre sportsbike these days is slow.....I've had a run on all them whilst trying to choose a new bike earlier this year.
ZX10 is by far the nicest on the road for general use, strong engine and good electronics should you need them...just can't take to its looks, BMW is a ***** to get off the line quickly as its clutch is a bit snatchy when new and needs ridden like a 600 to get the engine singing.
Italian stuff just ain't for regular roads but OMG they look and sound good.
The GSXR is the easiest to ride but has awful buzz through the bars that had my hands numb in 10 minutes.....I'd happily own any GSXR 1k upto 2011
R1 is nice but needs open roads with its high lower gears not really allowing the engine to work in the right rpm in towns.
The CBR1000rr is a great allrounder but I hate the seat and riding postion isn't for me.

These bikes are all really close in performance though. If the Gixxer is that close, would love to see what happens if Suzuki invests a bit in new tooling.

On the street/track I would agree but in a 1-Mile accel like the video, there is a BIG difference. S1K has them all covered by a LONG shot!

Back