great comedy movies with low swearing

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
swearing can be funny sometimes, I will giv you that. but what are the funniest movies that DON'T rely on swearing to be freaking hilarious!?!?!

Airplane
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Back to the Future
most PIXAR animated movies
The Princess Bride
Dumb and Dumber
Austin Powers
Caddy Shack
Liar Liar
a whole pile of "chick flicks"
Ace Ventura
Joe Dirt
Hot Shots [and Part Deux]
Loaded Weapon
Wayne's World
Parenthood
Police Academy
Napoleon Dynamite

more? GOOD comedy is hard to find. FOUL comedy is available everywhere

napoleon_dynamite.jpg

Christmas Vacation is a yearly "must watch" around our house...the kids love it, just a few bad words, but hey, it's pretty good clean comedy :thumbsup:

ah yeah! Christmas Vacation also. Any others? I know there is more out there I am forgetting... Superbad does not count. the 6000 F words in it sounded SO forced and fake. not to mention poinltess to the humor or plot

A little more obscure movie that I found funny was The Gods Must Be Crazy. I don't remember much swearing in it.

Just remembered another, Big Trouble in Little China. A few words here and there, but not much....If I remember right.

Last edited:
It's more of a chick flick, but funny...Bridget Jones Diary...hubby even laughed some :laugh:

Christmas Vacation is a yearly "must watch" around our house...the kids love it, just a few bad words, but hey, it's pretty good clean comedy :thumbsup:

:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::

In my house we watch christmas vacation at least 6 times a year.. All year round , just funny as hell no matter what month...

Chick Flicks are allowed here. Those are pretty funny usually. Except for the "Sisterhood of finding her groove with pants passed down from generation to generation all girl review cry a thon" movies. Not sure why humans would want to watch those ones, but they are not funny. I'm tawkin' FUNNY funny! makes you bust out because the jokes/gags are so random or direct.

I enjoy: Notting Hill, About A Boy, How to loose a guy in 10 days, What women want, and a bunch of others

I've seen Gods must be Crazy. Didn't realize it was a comedy as much as a statement about our goofy lives. Good stuff!

Oh come on. How can Clerks II NOT have loads of swearing in it?

Clerks II FAIL!!!
PROFANITY [10] - 139 F-words and its derivatives, 42 sexual references, 45 scatological terms, 59 anatomical terms, 8 mild obscenities, 18 derogatory terms for African-Americans, 5 derogatory terms for Jewish people, 3 derogatory terms for the handicapped, 2 derogatory terms for homosexuals, name-calling (freak, jerk, Nazi, moron, nerd, geek, loser, drone), 4 religious profanities (including 3 disparaging references to the Bible), 22 religious exclamations.

Last edited:
I love all Mel Brooks films...probably explains a lot :rofl:

More chick flicks: What Women Want and The Wedding Date

Superbad FAIL!!! [scale of 1 - 10]
PROFANITY [10] - 175 F-word and its derivatives, 2 obscene hand gestures, 50 sexual references, 63 scatological terms (8 mild), 80 anatomical terms (1 mild), 19 mild obscenities, 2 derogatory terms for homosexuals, name-calling (idiot, stupid, dumb, retard, loser), 2 religious profanities, 10 religious exclamations.

Mel Brooks! Yes! Thank you chell!

Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
etc etc etc

My big fat greek wedding

Oh come on. How can Clerks II NOT have loads of swearing in it?

Clerks II FAIL!!!
PROFANITY [10] - 139 F-words and its derivatives, 42 sexual references, 45 scatological terms, 59 anatomical terms, 8 mild obscenities, 18 derogatory terms for African-Americans, 5 derogatory terms for Jewish people, 3 derogatory terms for the handicapped, 2 derogatory terms for homosexuals, name-calling (freak, jerk, Nazi, moron, nerd, geek, loser, drone), 4 religious profanities (including 3 disparaging references to the Bible), 22 religious exclamations.

Seems pretty mild to me :whistle:

ya know, I LOVED Life Of Brian even as sacreligious as it is, it pokes GREAT fun at religion! probably offends many too, but it's hilarious if ya step back and laugh. I like the Python stuff. Who is doing THAT kind of GOOD COMEDY today?

OUR COUNTRY NEEDS MORE UPPITY COMEDY!! Not this negative crap running around right now

Toy Story 2 PROFANITY 0 - None.
Napoleon Dynamite PROFANITY 3 - 5 scatological terms, 12 mild obscenities.

Back