Grass Drags

HRJR

Donating Member
Registered
I spent part of today enjoying a little bit of good ole Americana here in Connecticut. Every autumn when the air gets chilled, the leaves change color, and the smell of wood-burning stoves fill the air, I start thinking about Terryville, Connecticut. Why? Because it time for the GRASS DRAGS! What are the Grass Drags you might ask?

Snowmobile drag racing on grass! (Get it, Grass + Drags = Drag Racing on the Grass, oh, never mind).
smile.gif

Food, drink, and racing. It's always a good time.

If anybody is interested (and in this neck of the woods), stop by the Terryville CT Grass Drags for something a little different.

Of course, here are a few pic's:

IMG_1989_8x6.JPG

Ok so who dominated the drags. Looks like Arctic Cat was mostly leading the races in the pics. I am an Arctic Cat fan though.

I had no idea they run snow mobiles on the grass or dirt. They must tear up the grass quick. Must be pretty cool races!! Thanks for sharing!

(tjdobb @ Oct. 15 2006,21:10) Ok so who dominated the drags. Looks like Arctic Cat was mostly leading the races in the pics. I am an Arctic Cat fan though.
The Cats did well. The second race is 10/22. We will see who has what it takes then.

(extreemachine @ Oct. 16 2006,00:28) I had no idea they run snow mobiles on the grass or dirt. They must tear up the grass quick. Must be pretty cool races!!  Thanks for sharing!
The grass is pretty tough. The starting line does get chewed up but the majority of the track looks fine.

Those big sleds do hook up well on the grass. They really haul butt.

Back