Grandpa's old kit car

Donnie373

Registered
I found an old picture of my Grandpa's old kit car. I think he finished it around 1980. Does anyone have any info on this car? I'm trying to do a little research for my dad who loved this car.

Thanks for reading,
Donnie

Don-the-1st-kit-car-for-web.jpg

Might want to do some searches on Google. Back then, most of these types of kits were based on VW Beetle engines and frames. The beetle was easy to get the body off so they were highly used.

It looks kinda like the "Coyote" that was used in the TV show "Hardcastle and McCormick"

Don

Which was like shanling said, a fiberglass frame with VW guts.

So many different kit cars from the past. Looks a little like a Bradley GT. Like I said looks like, I dont think it is.

Not a Bradley. Kid in High School built a Bradley.We used to carry it to the woods and put it down the long way between two trees. Kid probably owns Microsoft or something now.

(capecodder @ Mar. 22 2007,11:27) Not a Bradley. Kid in High School built a Bradley.We used to carry it to the woods and put it down the long way between two trees. Kid probably owns Microsoft or something now.
We used to carry people's VW bugs away when I was in HS! That was so much fun!

Did you ever see the candid camera episode where the lady with the VW bug called a tow truck and when he got there he asked where the car was and the lady pointed up. The car was in the top of a tree! He say's "How'd you get it up there?" She says "I parked it on the street last night and when I came out this morning, it was up there!" Was too funny!

(USN05LE @ Mar. 22 2007,02:50) It looks kinda like the "Coyote" that was used in the TV show "Hardcastle and McCormick"

Don

Which was like shanling said, a fiberglass frame with VW guts.
exactly what I was going to say.... that was a cool car

Wow! Thanks for all the replies! I went out of town for the most of this weekend and only now was able to log back into the site. Thanks to BusaWhipped for the definitive answer. All you guys are great!
super.gif

Had a Budy in High school swear up and down he was getting this "Awesome CLASSIC PORSCHE"... For only $20k

We all told him if it's too good to be true then it is, regardless poor bastard spent 20k on a VW chassis and engine. Still looked cool, but he ended up taking the guy to court, and winning. He kept the car but got about $8k back or something. Interesting...

Best part was that he took the $8k or there abouts and spent it on Motor and engine mods. When he was done that little speedster knock off was a freaking terror.
super.gif

Back