Grand Canyon Bound!

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Sometime in the next 60 days for my Daughter's Spring Break, we are flying to Phoenix for a week. Want to see Grand Canyon (none of us have ever seen it), Lake Mead/Hoover Dam tour/Sedona...our schedule is open, so what, if any, advice could anyone give? Thanks!

Phoenix, Lake Havasu, Up to Las Vegas, Up to St George Utah, Then over to Mt Zion National Park This is one not to miss. Over to Lake Powell Hover Dam.Down to flagstaff, Sedona, Phoenix. I think there is one golf course in St George LOL. Check out all the places on the Internet on the way. That would be a nice trip. St George Mt Zion you will like. Also check out glen canyon dam at lake powell thats close to page.
Chuck

I have visited Sedona (go see the power vortex areas) and the Grand Canyon. You will not believe your eyes when you get to the edge of the canyon, it is amazing in pictures, but breathtaking in person. There is a nice lodge style hotel just outside the Grand Canyon entrance on the south rim. They have live music in the evening and is a great place to relax after being in the park most of the day.

Enjoy your trip, you will not be sorry you went.

I have visited Sedona (go see the power vortex areas) and the Grand Canyon. You will not believe your eyes when you get to the edge of the canyon, it is amazing in pictures, but breathtaking in person. There is a nice lodge style hotel just outside the Grand Canyon entrance on the south rim. They have live music in the evening and is a great place to relax after being in the park most of the day.

Enjoy your trip, you will not be sorry you went.

Hotel name?

Thanks everyone for your imput! Will share with Household 6. Timmyduck, I have no desire to go into Vegas with my wife and 12-year old Daughter.

ATV tour sounds like a blast. It's stuff like this that is why I asked opinions as I'd never found that myself!

Hotel name?

Thanks everyone for your imput! Will share with Household 6. Timmyduck, I have no desire to go into Vegas with my wife and 12-year old Daughter.

ATV tour sounds like a blast. It's stuff like this that is why I asked opinions as I'd never found that myself!

Well it might not be a walking tour you want for sure, but driving through and catching some of the attractions from your car would still allow everyone to say they've been there and seen that. I totally agree with your sentiment.

Hotel name?

Sedona is small is survives solely on tourists.... I doubt you will find a "bad" place to stay there.

I'm talking about the hotel at the caynon as mentioned above....

I've been told that hookers walk up to families in daylight and hand out business cards in Vegas - pass.

I'm talking about the hotel at the caynon as mentioned above....

I've been told that hookers walk up to families in daylight and hand out business cards in Vegas - pass.

Haven't seen any hookers but, yes people are out there trying to put postcards in your hand. That's why I mentioned driving tour v. walking.

Stay at the sedona rouge while in Sedona. Great hotel stay there exclusively when we go.

Took a moment, but with the help of Google Maps, I found it.

The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon | Tusayan, AZ

Mind you, this was about 5 years ago, but I am sure it is still kept up pretty well. As for the Vegas/hookers thing, I have been there a dozen times and there are no "hookers" apparent unless you are looking for them on the street. There will be A LOT of people on the street handing out cards for hookers though. My wife and I like to take a card and then give it to another card person.

If you get the chance, see "O" at the Bellagio. My wife and I have seen 14 Cirque Du Soleil shows and have never been disappointed.

As for Sedona, we stayed at the Best Western there and did our own touring of sorts. Had some great Mexican food there and went sight seeing at the power vortex sights.

Have fun, that is the most important thing.

Hotel name?

i never mentioned Vegas.

I linked in the ATV tour in Sedona

Red Rock Canyon, do the dam tour, ease into Vegas :laugh:

Lots to do out there.

Place the blame where it belongs.

I have been guilty of some indiscretions in my life, but I don't promote anything in Vegas, they don't call it sin city for no reason.

Phoenix, Lake Havasu, Up to Las Vegas, Up to St George Utah, Then over to Mt Zion National Park This is one not to miss. Over to Lake Powell Hover Dam.Down to flagstaff, Sedona, Phoenix. I think there is one golf course in St George LOL. Check out all the places on the Internet on the way. That would be a nice trip. St George Mt Zion you will like. Also check out glen canyon dam at lake powell thats close to page.
Chuck

This guy also.

Check your reading comprehension skills.

You been going faster than terminal velocity lately ?

You call me out by name and are wrong.

I will defend myself with extreme prejudice.

Just the way I am wired.

Back