GRAND CANYON April 1st!

Lamb busa

50 warming to 70 again
Donating Member
Registered
Lamb will be in Cottonwood Az. on the April 1st with his motorcycle and will be riding to the grand canyon (south rim).

April 1st!!! No kidding! Its a sunday...come on along if anyone wants to meet up along the way...or meet-up there.

North of Flagstaff the route will be north on the I89 to Cameron. Navajo country! Then West on the 64 to the Grand Canyon Village

The goal is to be at the village by 10ish.

I wish!! That should be an awesome ride!! :thumbsup:

Sent from Space via Forum Runner

We almost made that trip last year when macon and i were in 4 corners.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

The Grand Canyon is amazing to see in person. I have seen pictures all my life, but when I actually went and stood on the edge of the south rim the words out of my mouth were "holy $h!t, this thing is amazing and no comparison to the pictures".

We stayed at that log cabin style hotel just outside the park on the south side and had a great time. The bartender could not make a Long Island Ice Tea to save his life, but they had live entertainment and it was a blast.

If you can, go through Sedona too, very beautiful place to see as well.

Cottonwood is southwest of Sedona and one must pass through on the way to the mile deep gorge
The Grand Canyon is amazing to see in person. I have seen pictures all my life, but when I actually went and stood on the edge of the south rim the words out of my mouth were "holy $h!t, this thing is amazing and no comparison to the pictures".

We stayed at that log cabin style hotel just outside the park on the south side and had a great time. The bartender could not make a Long Island Ice Tea to save his life, but they had live entertainment and it was a blast.

If you can, go through Sedona too, very beautiful place to see as well.

Cottonwood is southwest of Sedona and one must pass through on the way to the mile deep gorge

You are going to have a blast, I can still remember the main road out of Sedona to the north headed to the Grand Canyon........damn I want to go ride now.

Take some pictures and let us know how much fun you had. Be safe and enjoy the ride.

the Grand Canyon is definitely on my bucket list but i promised myself as a kid that i wouldn't see it until i rode my bike there :beerchug: take plenty of pics!

Lycan thinks Lamb shoudn't try to Evil Kneivel the canyon though...have fun:laugh:

It's been a long long time since I've been there. I'll be on the track on April 1, so no go for me.

Sounds like a great trip! I would have loved to been able to ride it!! Have fun and take lots of pix!!

This ride will be part of a 4 day ride throught the Salton sea area, joshua tree, Lake Havasu city, Arizonas Jerome and cottonwood canyon, sedona etc

Keeping this thread on the main page for a day if anyone is interested in the grand canyon

Here is the whole group at the Canyon!

j5 tour 2012 (75).jpg

j5 tour 2012 (89).jpg

I saw the pics on FB. Looks to have been a great day and ride:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Thought some more of the trips pics should be shared, so here goes.

The last pic is along historic route 66 just North of Oatman AZ. This road is falling apart but sure was fun, at least there was noone around.

j5 tour 2012 (19).jpg

j5 tour 2012 (16).jpg

j5 tour 2012 (23).jpg

More of what to expect from Route 66. North of the highway 40 in Arizona desert. It was only in the upper 60's on this trip.

j5 tour 2012 (52).jpg

j5 tour 2012 (59).jpg

j5 tour 2012 (9).jpg

Back