grab rail saved my a** tonight!!

hemi

Registered
was liftin the rear of the busa on the pitbull stand (which i have done hundreds of), was in a hurry and not payin attention. Didn't realize the bars were cranked all the way towards the left (clutch side), and didn't get the stand 100% centered on the spools when i went for the lift with the stand. Bike headed straight for the concrete garage floor, but thank god i had a good grip on the grab rail with my left hand and was able to pull it back up. Could have sworn she was goin down, but i got lucky this time:thumbsup:. Lesson learned-don't get in a big rush while putting the bike on stands

I HATE it when that happens! Makes me feel like an idiot...done it it more than a few times! Thankfully not with the busa...yet

I always leave the stand down, and stand on the rh side, grabbin the passenger peg with my hand and use that to stabilize the bike as I lift with the stand. If it starts to come my way, I just lean into it and let land back on the stand.......

I always leave the stand down, and stand on the rh side, grabbin the passenger peg with my hand and use that to stabilize the bike as I lift with the stand. If it starts to come my way, I just lean into it and let land back on the stand.......

That's what I do too.

Glad ya saved her, you'd be beating yourself up for weeks if she fell.

Droid via Tapatalk

yeah i apologized over and over to her:rofl: Use my stands constantly but i think this was the first time i almost dropped it. Have lost my footing once or twice while lifting it but never came close to losing control of it. Though If she happened to go down on me, i would be posting up about how my trex frame sliders held up:laugh:. I know a lot of people say have somebody help u while using the stands, or the bike is extremely heavy to lift, but i have never had my wife (or anybody else) help me once and can always lift it no problem on the stands, though the front can be a little heavy sometimes

That's why you take the hump off and hold the crossmember where the lock is located.

Exactly what I do. My grab bar has never even seen the road lol. It was the first thing to be taken off at the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back