Grab Bar Mod?

cipher5791

Registered
I had been thinking of doing this mod for sometime now and since the cold season is in, I decided to go ahead with it. My plan was to cut my grab bar in two pieces. I was gonna make each piece about six inches. Then I was gonna paint them over and go with it like that.

I cut the bar like I wanted it. Then I sandblasted the paint off the pieces. I then used a wire type bit on my bench grinder and my drill bit. It brings sort of a shine to aluminum. I put the bars back on the bike to show how it would look. They will be painted when I paint the bike next year. I am going to leave them like this for now to see what kind of reactions are received. Let me know what you guys and gals think about them so far.:please:

SD530159.JPG

SD530157.JPG

SD530156.JPG

SD530160.JPG

Question is, are you happy with it? If you are, great. Go ahead and polish that thing up until you paint it.

I can only say 1 thing ........ different. but like twotonevert said, if you like it, thats what counts.

Not quite like the aftermarket ones, but similar. If it's what youwanted then that's all that matters.

thinking about the same thing but i was going to cut some notches on the bottom side , like a pistol grip . Looks good to me and you saved yourself some $$$$$

Back