grab bar mod

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
So after a long, hot, sometimes frustrating 3 hours, I finally did the grab bar mod on my k8. I've always liked the way it looks but was always too scared of screwing it up to do it. My g/f rides with me a lot and when I'm riding alone, I like the look of the hump. She gets mad at me when she has to wait 5 minutes to unscrew everything and what not so I went for it and here it is. I'm happy with the result (other than the time the Dremel slipped out of my hand and now I have a nice little scratch) but I'm happy.

new camera 1 001.jpg

new camera 1 002.jpg

new camera 1 003.jpg

new camera 1 005.jpg

I did that to mine also. I like the look, and I don't like it to take several minutes just to out the seat on when I want it there. I just unlock, swap, and go.

Nice work. :beerchug:

Did you have to do extensive cutting to the underside? How about a couple of pics where the sun don't shine. Please. Looks good BTW. To avoid the tool marks lay it out on a couple layers of tape.

(other than the time the Dremel slipped out of my hand and now I have a nice little scratch)

Looking good,

I feel your pain on the scratch, I barely put a slight 1" er on my lower fairing next to me kick stand last night grinding on my kickstand mod thing...:banghead:

I did have to cut quite a bit out of the bottom. I'm headin out the door right now but when I get back, I'll take some pics of it and post them up.

I did put some tape around where i'd be cutting but that dremel sliced right through it. :madfire:

I've been wanting to do mine for a while now but I just don't have the balz to take a chance of messing up.???

Actually the hardest part is cutting enough off of the interior to make it fit.

Sorry to disagree w/ everyone!:poke: I think it looks like a tow hook on there! It just seems to ruin the lines of the bike.???

sorry it took so long guys. I just moved to a new place and just got the internet hooked up yesterday so here's the pics of the inside of the hump as promissed...I was extremely worried about how the inside would look. I had to cut out the bolt hole because they wouldn't fit with the bar so I superglued them on the platforms. I also had to add a rubber gasket under the latch part because it still wouldn't catch on the bike.

grab bar mod 001.jpg

grab bar mod 002.jpg

grab bar mod 003.jpg

grab bar mod 004.jpg

not gonna happen. if she really wants to ride, she won't mind the wait. i'd get a new girlfriend myself. :) JMO

Back