GPtTrack day on a 2009 Hayabusa!! Got the pics

SCBQQSTN

Registered
GP track day on a 2009 Hayabusa!! Got the pics

After several years of spirited street riding I decided to take it to the next level and see what she could do on a course. I went with a group of several good friends to JenningsGP in northern Florida. They were very supportive on seeing what I could do on the course. Initial thoughts were absolutely terrifying haha. I did terrible on the first session as a Novice. Road like a grandma, even on the straights. Had zero confidence. By far was the slowest rider out there. Anyways I got several looks afterwards by other riders looking at me like I was a noob and that's when things got personal. On the very next session I was draggin knee and by the last session I was passing the majority of the riders in Novice class. A lot of people came up to with awe afterwards thinking the Busa could not handle nearly as well as they thought, big misconception. I am 6'9 240 lbs so I had no problem throwing big bird around those corners. The Battlax S20 did very well on the track. It's hard to believe it is well as it did for being a street tire. It dipped into the curves well and was pleased with it's overall performance.

Overall it was an absolute blast and I will be stepping up to intermediate the next go around!!!

For those still on the fence about tracking the Busa, don't be afraid, just go for it!

D3S_5111.jpg

D3S_5716.jpg

D3S_5595.jpg

D3S_6337.jpg

D3S_6962.jpg

D3S_6963.jpg

D3S_7198.jpg

D3S_7199.jpg

D3S_7201.jpg

Great job...You need to find a good coach and let him help you with your body position...

Great job, I've never seen anyone make a hayabusa look like a liter bike sitting on it. Perfect fit for you. :thumbsup:

To those who think it cant be done please take note......:whistle:

A lot of people were blown away at how well it handled. These bike take the corners just fine. As the saying goes, it's about the rider, not the bike!!

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. It was truly a blast and street riding will never be the same, I am officially HOOKED

Jennings GP is an awesome motorcycle only venue! Glad you had a good time! Never had my Hayabusa there, maybe one day soon...

A lot of people were blown away at how well it handled. These bike take the corners just fine. As the saying goes, it's about the rider, not the bike!!

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. It was truly a blast and street riding will never be the same, I am officially HOOKED

Awesome stuff. So much fun, isn't it?

You know, several years ago someone told me Hayabusas don't go well on a race track too!

Busatrack1-1.jpg

Welcome to the elite club of Busa track addicts! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
/\ Those are some sweet shots pan! A thread should be made of just Busas ripping it at the track haha.

I have signed up and am going to ride at PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway) next Sunday April 7th. If any of you Florida members are going to be there, let me know!

Hot Damn Dude, I'm proud of you getting out on a track day to enjoy the fun. Your first track day is always a memorable one! :thumbsup:

Good Photos. The only pointer I could give you is get your a$$ back on the seat so you can get your head down. You are a tall drink of water to get tucked in and you need every inch of room between the hump and the windscreen to make that happen!

You are just touching the tip of the ice berg beginning a learning experience that you will benefit from for the rest of your life. Skydivr is correct about tapping into the experience of a good coach. A good coach is invaluable in advancing ones riding skills! :beerchug:

Back