gunmetalbusa

Registered
SUUUUUCKs!!

80mph is really 74mph
100 is really 91mph
150 is really......134.???

I'm not really getting 50 mpg....
or 225 miles to a tank....

I knew is was off, but reading the GPS was disappointing. Ordering the Speedohealer from Tim Pa****..

Yeah it does, I just use my GPS for speed, when im commuting I really dont care since I keep it within the speed limit.

I also use a GPS for my speed on both bikes. The speedometer is only there to impress people that sneak a peak when they oogle over the bike. :laugh:

The digital speedo on my 08 Street Glide is dead on to the GPS :poke:

:rofl:

Yep, my 05' was exactly 10% off with 17/40 gear combo. Bought a speedohealer through Timmay and have never regretted the purchase. Now converting to an 18/39 and will report change on corrected percentage..... :oldcool:

all sportbike speedos are 5-10% off it makes em seem faster then they really are ive had kids on 600s say oh i do 175 on mine all the time lol

This will be my next mod. There is a video on you-tube about how busa speedo's are NOT off. Yeah right!

It would be great if other people could post their GPS vs. Speedo results.

I took combined Gunmetalbusa's results with my own in the following table and graphs. While our results do not agree, both show that the indicated vs. actual (GPS) speeds are not linear. From my investigation, the Speedo Healer is just a straight linear (percentage) correction across the entire speed range and does not account for this nonlinear response.

Perhaps someone would like to post up their indicated (speedo) vs. GPS speed before and after they installed a Speedo Healer.

table2.gif

chart2 mph.gif

SpeedError2 percent.gif

It just occurred to me that if the odo is accumulating based on the incorrect speedo reading, that means we are actually racking up "more miles" than we should. If 10% error is there, a reported 10,000 odo reading really should be only 9,000?
What does this do to the resale value of the bike? Damn!!!

it seems to me its not a certain percentage off but rather the faster you go the greater off the percentage is...ie at 50 mph its not off much but at 180 mph its off tons

It just occurred to me that if the odo is accumulating based on the incorrect speedo reading, that means we are actually racking up "more miles" than we should. If 10% error is there, a reported 10,000 odo reading really should be only 9,000?
well if your driving @ 35 mph you probably have the correct miles racked up

On my 05 the speedo was off 7.25% but the odometer was right on. Now with the Yellowbox the speedo is right on but the odometer is off. It's actually lower than the actual mileage. Better for resale.

Mine was off by 11% across the board checked it at 60, 80 and 100 with a gps and later with a radar sign. It is dead on now with the 11% change, or so the radar sign says at 100! :thumbsup:

Back