GPS with earphone

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for a cheap GPS that I can fit in my jacket pocket that would accept an earbud so I can hear turn by turn instructions with my helmet on.

Can someone make suggestions as to brands/models that would do this?
I've seen refurbished units available from Amazon as low as $70, but there is not enough info to tell me whether or not it has an earphone jack.

Thanks!

How about an Android Smart Phone, that comes with Googles "Fully Active" Voice, Turn by Turn GPS. That's all you need :)

That is what I used to use. I must have been riding worse than I thought because the other day my phone took a leap of faith from my pocket on the hwy. It is no more

Garmin Nuvi 350/360 has an earbud outlet ... I have one hard wired into the Busa with a suction mount on the tank. Pocket would work too. That's an older "(2-3 year) model so it might be available refurbished. Hope it helps.

On my Tomtom if I wasn't able to look at the screen as well as hear the instructions, I would have taken the wrong turnings a few times. Like the Tomtom will say turn right in 300 yds, and if there is a lot of roads you don't know exactly which one to take even if it then says turn right when you are right on top of the road. It can get a little bit behind it's self some times. Just a thought.
The worst I had was on four interlinked mini roundabouts, that confused it.:laugh:, had to look at the screen to see where to go.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm :whistle: , and I always thought a GPS that CONTINUALLY told you where to go was a WIFE :rofl:

GPS are so strange. I was going to Kings Dominion last Sunday and my Garmin took me off the interstate 95 through about 4 miles of stop lights and right and then right back to 95. I have checked all the settings and cannot figure out why it does that. Did not mean to jack the thread but hoping to get some advice also.

GPS are so strange. I was going to Kings Dominion last Sunday and my Garmin took me off the interstate 95 through about 4 miles of stop lights and right and then right back to 95. I have checked all the settings and cannot figure out why it does that. Did not mean to jack the thread but hoping to get some advice also.

i nvr trust my GPS 100% so i usually map out my routes on google. GPS is more for back-up

Try to get to Vabusa's houe using GPS:laugh::laugh::laugh:nightmare all in its own:rofl:

I bet its fun :laugh: I just sent Garmin an email about it so I hope to here something in a few days. I have the nuvi 1350 and it does not have a thing for an ear plug

New Google maps version let you download the maps for off line use. Only problem is they are only ..10 square mile blocks ... so it takes a while to get the full trip.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Garmin Nuvi 350/360 has an earbud outlet ... I have one hard wired into the Busa with a suction mount on the tank. Pocket would work too. That's an older "(2-3 year) model so it might be available refurbished. Hope it helps.

This sounds good! Thanks!

How about an Android Smart Phone, that comes with Googles "Fully Active" Voice, Turn by Turn GPS. That's all you need :)

Yeah, I've been thinking about an Android phone. Lot of crap I don't need, but I need to change from ATT to another service anyway. Thanks.

Back