GPS VS Speedometer Discrepencies

Salty

Registered
So I installed my GPS on my Gen2 2k11 yesterday and then took her out for a ride to do a speedo comparison.

It looks like I am about 7 mph off starting at about 70mph, and am pretty spot on underneath that speed. Their was not much of a change from that 70mph up to about 150mph did not have any more room to go faster where I was riding.

My question is how does this compare to what you other Gen 2 owners are seeing for how far off your speedometer is from actualy speed.

I should also add, my speedometer was showing higher speed than I was going... Example 80 speedo was 73 on GPS.

Thanks for the link.

This seems to be common for all Japanese motorcycles, believe it is purposely done to give the rider a placebo boost.

Both my Harley and Husky are dead accurate to the GPS.

Any Ducati, or Aprilia riders here, how accurate are your speedo's?

after speedohealer (v4), my bike is pretty much dead-on with the GPS on the bike.

I need to check mine. I was told it was dead on at 70. Remember GPS needs a few seconds to update , just saying

I need to check mine. I was told it was dead on at 70. Remember GPS needs a few seconds to update , just saying

I try to hold a steady speed across a mile when I do these checks for that very reason. Seems to be a long enough period of time to really get a accurate reading.

This seems to be common for all Japanese motorcycles, believe it is purposely done to give the rider a placebo boost.

Both my Harley and Husky are dead accurate to the GPS.

Any Ducati, or Aprilia riders here, how accurate are your speedo's?

The speedo on my Multistrada 1200S shows 8% high at all speeds. This is confirmed by Ducati. I don't remember the reason but I believe it has something to do with EUC laws.

Back