gps tracking systems

I wouldn't trust my investment to that.

I have a VERY nice alarm to install on a customers bike I'm building. Can't remeber the name off the top of my head, but I'll post pics and info on here when I get back to the shop. It also has a nice cell
Phone app that controls it. It even notify a you if someone's too close or leaning over your bike.

Boy, I am not so sure I would trust an alarm system with GPS tracking for $24.69. I am all for saving a buck but that sounds too good to be true.

Not a bad price, worth a try. Cpl question tho, what happens when the company can't support the App on your phone anymore? or your info is compromised? location of bike etc?

Here's the alarm system I'm about to instal. Awesome product.

Scorpio | Motorcycle Alarms

I don't grasp how if your contemplating installing an alarm on your bike why you would want to chance a cheap one. The one I listed fully dressed out is still way cheaper then most peoples deductibles.

I don't know nothing about nothing, but for $24 you could give it a go. Make sure it's operational. Park it at the house and drive away to check your distance and accuracy. Best of luck.

I've tried to help people find smart phones before and either they didn't know what they were doing or the app doesn't work very well. One success story was everywhere we drove the phone was there, after 15 minutes or so I searched the car and found the phone :laugh:

Well see my thing is about being cheap about it is I used to instal alarms and gps systems in cars and the cheap ones were exactly the same as the expensive ones and I dont mean simular I meen exactly the same same boards same build chips and everything just the name was different. And even sold by the same company they just threw differnt names on the same thing sorta like gm. Lol. I used to instal thise tracking thing in cars for dealers for people who make payments. And those worked really well and really cheap too. So im just looking for the same thing why spend alot of money on the same thing u cam get for a fraction of the cost. I know its not fool proof but ive saved alot of money in the past.

But I do also agree with u guys some times to cheap is really too cheap. Its all about finding balance between getting what u pay for and getting the most for ur money

if u got a $25 bike buy a $25 GPS system.... otherwise invest in one thats actually gonna work wen u need it to. preferably one with cookies so u can track where it last went before losing the signal in an enclosed trailer, large apartment complex basement or storage area, warehouse, etc....

thieves will often dump a stolen bike in an apartment complex or hotel with ground floors and let it sit for a day or two to see if it has either GPS or Lojack tracking and monitor if anyone has come lookn for it. Lojack is far better cause its radio based and not effected by satellite reception. and GPS will only give u a general area. its not always specific. especially in a large apartment complex or housing project.

Lojack has the ability to use a hand held device so wen the signal is going off the police can take that device which will tell you exactly which apartment its located in cause its accurate to 5 feet away. but Lojack isn't available everywhere.

that 90% recovery rate is accurate with lojack. have never not found a vehicle with lojack when its goin off. its just a matter of time before the police hone in and either chase it or find it dumped near by. more often then not its found under a parking garage unoccupied. its a lot easier to hide a GPS or Lojack transmitter in a car then a bike but the Lojack transmitter has its own battery backup and battery last 10 years.

most MC thieves are quite experienced with how they work and how to take them apart. they will look for tracking devices sometimes cause their found naked often in the apartments wen tracing via Lojack. I have never recovered a stolen MC with anything other then Lojack. these MC thieves are no dummies just me. anything that loses a signal that easily by either disconnecting it and losing reception is not likely to be reliable and say bye-bye to ur bike.

Back