GPS Tracking "SPOT"

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
SPOT VIDEO / WEB SITE

another cool gadget that may save your life.
If you needed help would you always have cell coverage or be able to tell someone your exact location.
This could be a lifesaver.

I've never seen those before. Excellent idea for many scenerios. It's amazing how many people have no idea where they are when they need to know the most. I've heard so many 911 calls for help where the person needing help didn't know where they were, it's insane, and that's when they are on a roadway. Try to explain to someone where you are if you are hiking a trail or out in the middle of nowhere, especially if the person on the other end of the phone has never been there before. GPS is second to none when trying to locate anything.

they need something like that that is also a cell phone so people would have a better chance of always having it on them.

they need something like that that is also a cell phone so people would have a better chance of always having it on them.
watch the video on the link, lack of cell phone coverage in the US might surprise you.
No cell phone can do what this does at the present time. Not likely in the near future.

it works like an EPIRP does I guess...use one on the boat when we go out off shore 100mi..only way coast gaurd will find ya if something happens,just gotta get ya before the sharks do
cool.gif

Back