Gps/phone Mount...

craigmac

Registered
Good morning. I am going to start taking some back road trips around three hour each way to see family. I don't have my routes memorized yet, so wanted to mount a helper. What brand/type should I use and where should I mount it? Also, should I hard wire or will I have enough battery power in a phone or Garmin for 3-4 hours? Pics or links would be great. Thanks for your help.

I, as many others here use RAM mount products. I have the X GRIP mount on my Busa and my SV650, and it works great!! I added the velcro for a little extra security. The Busa is equipped with a 3BR USB unit that is active when the ignition is on, and I can charge my phone while I ride. The SV650 has a 12V power supply I bought from Cycle Gear for $10, it too is active with the ignition on.

F9204A86-DA9F-4FAA-B97B-1107E0C8810E_zpsxhi789gi.png

5E12A9CB-CA9C-4CB7-940F-EDF8A67E6620_zpsp2oac442.jpg

If you are getting a GPS, look for something with glove touch screen or you will be frustrated. If you are looking for something to mount your phone, there are many options out there. Check out Ram mounts.

Good morning. I am going to start taking some back road trips around three hour each way to see family. I don't have my routes memorized yet, so wanted to mount a helper. What brand/type should I use and where should I mount it? Also, should I hard wire or will I have enough battery power in a phone or Garmin for 3-4 hours? Pics or links would be great. Thanks for your help.

Back