gps mount options

hemi

Registered
i have a garmin nuvi 780 gps that i use in my truck all the time and love it. Anybody got any ideas or sites for a mount i could use to put this gps on the bike. I tried puttin the suction cup on the tach like another member did, but it wouldn't work bc when i turned the bars halfway they would hit it

i have a garmin nuvi 780 gps that i use in my truck all the time and love it. Anybody got any ideas or sites for a mount i could use to put this gps on the bike. I tried puttin the suction cup on the tach like another member did, but it wouldn't work bc when i turned the bars halfway they would hit it

The TomTom XL is a thin unit...

Perhaps you have already looked on RAM-mounts? Search Results

I have a Ram Mount that works great!
Posted via Mobile Device

no i haven't, was just checkin them out. Not sure which one would work with my gps, i would like one that mounts to the stem, but not sure if anyone makes one like this that will work with my gps

I have silver or black techmounts in stock that goes in steering stem hole...

Last edited:
the techmount is exactly what i'm lookin for, somethin that mounts to the open hole in the stem. With one of these mounts, would i still need the ram mount that bolts to the techno, and then my gps clips onto the ram mount. Do the ram mounts for the garmin nuvi's just have a little ball u snap your original gps holster onto. Reason i'm asking this is, my gps (nuvi 780) has the charging port built into the cradle and does not plug directly into the unit. The pictures aren't too great on the ram mounts for how they hold the unit or mount onto the bike

Hemi, here is my ram mount. Tech mount will work the same with a stem mount pivot point. My tomtom also has the charging port cut out for the bracket.

Eureka%2009%20003.jpg

so if i ordered this mount, is this the only thing i need to mount the gps to the stem opening, or do i need an additional bracket to bolt to this

Part Details

actually i think i just figured it out

Part Details

Part Details

if i order these two it should work with the 780 and mount onto the stem, correct? The little rubber ball slips into the stem and then the cradle bolts to that, right?

You need the cradle and a steem mount. The second item in your post, the rubber ball on a plate, is just an accessory, not the complete steem mount. Here is what I believe is the right steem mount, but you have to double-check it is the correct one.

Part Details

Can anyone confirm this is the right one? I just lost my gps on the highway because I stuck it to the gauge cluster and it poped off :( Should have saved myself the money and trouble and done the research for a actual mount! Don't make the same mistake!

I use a stem mount to display my tomtom (same GPS unit as Twotone's), it is held on with industrial strength velcro. So far it works excellent, I also put the wrist strap around the post so if it does fall it wont fall completely off the bike.

Back