Gps mod

Busarookie

Registered
Hi there.

Can someone enlight me and explain what the GPS Mod is all about? I've heard the Cheese-man is the one to talk about, but I've PM'ed him with no answer, so hope some of you guys can give me a hand on this...

My interest is only to de-restrict my '05 Busa, keeping my PC and Map.

Thx

What the GPS mod is when your in 6th gear the bike still thinks your in 5th. Doesn't change any mapping because 5th and 6th are the same map. Only difference is the computer tells the engine to limit revs in 6th gear or retards timing at 10,200rpm (I think) so you can't break the 186mph or 300kph mark. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

P.S. the GPS is behind the clutch basket.

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150151535 -->

Thx for the quick answer! Is it something easy to do myself and do you have any idea where I can get the necessary parts (if any) - sorry for the dumb question...
biggrin.gif

If I ever had to pull my clutch basket out I might take a look to see what's involved just for bragging rights. Had mine up to an indicated 190 (older 220 gauges) and it was still pulling like a jet. Faster than I care to go for any amount of time. So no big rush for me. My guess is no parts are needed, maybe just a jumper or at minimum a resistor from Radio Shack (.05).

someone on here had a GPS mod that they posted step by step instructions with pics... dont remember who it was though...

Back