GPS guys.

war69

Registered
So ive plotted a course on streets and trips and ive saved it as a GPX file which I believe is what the garminNuvi1300 reads. I know I have to send it to the gps but is there a folder im suppose to put it in? I figure Lurch will chime in cause he does this all the time. Anyone else know? Thanks.

Not sure about this. I have the Garmin 1350 and every time I use it it will take me out of the way for some reason. Its a new one and I have updated it several times. I contacted Garmin about it with no results. I was on the interstate and it took me off for 3 miles and put me right back on the same interstate I was on. These things are crazy sometimes. If you figure it out will you let me know? I have tried every setting on mine and it still does the same thing.

when I did my ToH ride, I entered all the stops/destinations directly on to my old/cheapo Garmin Nuvi. Then I had the unit plot a course which I then compared to Google maps....both were pretty close to each other.

You have to upload it to the Garmin via the USB cable, then go into the Garmin through the menu to "my data" and tell the Garmin to load it. You should then see it in your routes/trips. I had to call Garmin to figure this out.

It may not support plotting, but what about making a pre-determined route via waypoints? That is the same sort of thing and what I did with much older models years ago. I have had a new GPS just about every year for the past 8 and could do custom routes. It is a pain in the rear to figure out some times, but I do not believe that you cannot set a custom route on a newer GPS.

Just picked uo the new Nuvi 3790 and it works great for ploting a course.

garmin-nuvi-3700-design.jpg

Back