GPS - gear position sensor mod

I'll need to track this for when I do mine.Thanks.
Come by my house...I will do it for you!! I luv wrenching!
clap.gif

I was asking in another thread what size the clutch hub nut was. I measured it and looks like it will be a 30mm. If this is true it might be helpful to add in the instructions. I will have to borrow a socket this large being I don't have one this big.
Great instructions!!!
Shawn

Correct me if i'm wrong here; and I know this is a bit after the fact, but doesn't the TRE do the exact same thing. According to what I know about the TRE is that it tricks the ECM into thinking the bike is in 5th so it don't pull out the timing and allows past the 186 mark. I have a PCIII and TRE on my '06 and (don't quote me yet, getting $ for a G.P.S) but I can damn well tell you my bike pulls past 186 with no problem. I gotta get back into my clutch cover cuz my LED mod shorted out:angry:so I have to correct that problem, and seeings how i'll be there, new clutches, aluminum plates from Hyperplates.com and MAYBE (once I get more info, i'll do the GPS mod) If i can ever figure out how to get pictures up, I'd like to post some of the mods I've done; like the LED clutch cover mod, LED's around the bike, LED's in the ram air's, and LED's modded for the front "parking" lights.

I'm wondering the same as kjcili, is this the same as a TRE mode or are there better benefits to performing this mod?

~dre

Thanks for keeping this sticky open. I want to acknowledge JonnhyCheeze IS for constantly telling others not to bother with the tre factor. He knew something was UP is PAzYearazzUP, I had to askiss myself dis.

Fact is, if you open the rule book :rulez: :whistle: You will see the GPS signs off on 6th, not 5th. Too compelling, I start inn on the tech side.

Not my problem you did not read the page is are loud and clear. Clear shot from ear shot is witness with your eyes, I tell no lies...

Tre does not Retard. Does not RETARDid I mention that is being redundant here. And so is the wire hack you made is read the book. Book said that back in 1999. I used the same lame tools when I worked on the very first Busa to find out there is no retard going on.

Of course, I used a different bike, but the two bikes share the same rules in the FSM. Both bikes default to a limp mode or a safe mode so you think the bike feels peppy. But it runs on a fat limp map and as far as I can see in the video, the ignition does not move in either direction once I flip the code on the fly >> :laugh: Works exactly like the code page says it will do. :thumbsup:

So, without a doubt and what I have found out all on my own, was to prove something to myself. I found out the bike codes in a redundant ignition mode, meaning, it will not move to retard>> If you watch it running stock or set the treffect into action.

You have a limp fuel cut is more the bike wants to nose dive and the tune goes away. Funny you think you have some action taken, but if you read the service manual, it tells you that it sets itself into a, 'safe-mode,' or "Fail-Safe" is what the book abstract uses to explain how it reverts to a limp to save the engine. "Have a dealer look at the problem you have, we are limp ping you dare now is stick a fork in it, if you want to WOTit dare. We told you we set it in safe mode so you don't blow the stu pit bike UP!"

I wish'd the owner's manual would say it that way, butt :moon: When you are talking in squid language, the squid no longer is a squidid I tell you the timing does not RETARD? Just me is re-tar and feather me is here is another post toasting that sadazz tre and JohnnyCheeze IS, it took that long to get up off my :moon: and answer my own question is keep barking at the moon is Eye Van Moon Over a Cheeze Is I'm done.

Bookim Dan NO way will the ignition retard as if you flipped it off at red line and then watched the retardid words come out on some website selling their ill licks her.

5 Finger Dis Count the numbers one more time >>> :bowdown: You cannot go wrong reading the manual you do not need to go behind the clutch is you stu pit? :beerchug:

:poke: Chetit out... I made it from scracccch. Sand did it, shaped dit. You like? NO!

-----------------
Stay Loose, Howl'eee

- Z Motion[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for keeping this sticky open. I want to acknowledge JonnhyCheeze IS for constantly telling others not to bother with the tre factor. He knew something was UP is PAzYearazzUP, I had to askiss myself dis.

Fact is, if you open the rule book :rulez: :whistle: You will see the GPS signs off on 6th, not 5th. Too compelling, I start inn on the tech side.

Not my problem you did not read the page is are loud and clear. Clear shot from ear shot is witness with your eyes, I tell no lies...

Tre does not Retard. Does not RETARDid I mention that is being redundant here. And so is the wire hack you made is read the book. Book said that back in 1999. I used the same lame tools when I worked on the very first Busa to find out there is no retard going on.

Of course, I used a different bike, but the two bikes share the same rules in the FSM. Both bikes default to a limp mode or a safe mode so you think the bike feels peppy. But it runs on a fat limp map and as far as I can see in the video, the ignition does not move in either direction once I flip the code on the fly >> :laugh: Works exactly like the code page says it will do. :thumbsup:

So, without a doubt and what I have found out all on my own, was to prove something to myself. I found out the bike codes in a redundant ignition mode, meaning, it will not move to retard>> If you watch it running stock or set the treffect into action.

You have a limp fuel cut is more the bike wants to nose dive and the tune goes away. Funny you think you have some action taken, but if you read the service manual, it tells you that it sets itself into a, 'safe-mode,' or "Fail-Safe" is what the book abstract uses to explain how it reverts to a limp to save the engine. "Have a dealer look at the problem you have, we are limp ping you dare now is stick a fork in it, if you want to WOTit dare. We told you we set it in safe mode so you don't blow the stu pit bike UP!"

I wish'd the owner's manual would say it that way, butt :moon: When you are talking in squid language, the squid no longer is a squidid I tell you the timing does not RETARD? Just me is re-tar and feather me is here is another post toasting that sadazz tre and JohnnyCheeze IS, it took that long to get up off my :moon: and answer my own question is keep barking at the moon is Eye Van Moon Over a Cheeze Is I'm done.

Bookim Dan NO way will the ignition retard as if you flipped it off at red line and then watched the retardid words come out on some website selling their ill licks her.

5 Finger Dis Count the numbers one more time >>> :bowdown: You cannot go wrong reading the manual you do not need to go behind the clutch is you stu pit? :beerchug:

:poke: Chetit out... I made it from scracccch. Sand did it, shaped dit. You like? NO!

-----------------
Stay Loose, Howl'eee

- Z Motion[/url]

wat? can you even read that?

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know the TRE does NOT RETARD the timing, hence the name, Timing Retard ELIMINATOR. It's suppose to STOP timing retard when in 6th gear.

We all know the TRE does NOT RETARD the timing, hence the name, Timing Retard ELIMINATOR. It's suppose to STOP timing retard when in 6th gear.

there is no ignition retard in 6th gear. the ecu starts killing fuel in 6th gear at about 10,200 rpm to limit the bike to 186 (assuming it has stock gearing and stock size rear tire). a tre puts ecu in 5th gear all the time, so ecu won't start pulling fuel at 10200 rpm as it never knows its in 6th. This is a crappy way to de-restrict a bike, but lots of people do it.

there is no ignition retard in 6th gear. the ecu starts killing fuel in 6th gear at about 10,200 rpm to limit the bike to 186 (assuming it has stock gearing and stock size rear tire). a tre puts ecu in 5th gear all the time, so ecu won't start pulling fuel at 10200 rpm as it never knows its in 6th. This is a crappy way to de-restrict a bike, but lots of people do it.

What would be a GOOD way to de-restrict our bikes then? And, true, they start pulling fuel out, but what else happens when they reduce pw to the injectors, they have to cut back on ignition timing or the engine develops spark knock which is detrimental to any engine.

I sell a desrestrictor that only send a 5th gear signal to ecuhack l when bike is n 6th. They pull fuel out of 2 cylinders, which puts motor lean obviously. Best way to derestrict is to reflash ecu in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back