GPS charger for my Garmin Nuvi 50

Jrod86

Registered
HELP GPS charger for my Garmin Nuvi 50

Hello fellow brothers, so im looking for a little clarity hoping you guys can help. I recently bought a GPS (Garmin) and a RAM Mount. I've seen some places where I can get a charger for it to go on the busa. I was looking at 3BR Powersports | Baryl Power Ports | Splash Proof | USB Weather Proof Power Outlet for Power Sport Vehicles - Snowmobile, Motorcycle, Off Road Vechicles, ATV I found the mini-usb charger that I would need(TAPP), but when I click on it for a more detailed description I see at the bottom of the page it says the following. . 3. TAPP quiescent current (power consumption with no load) will drain a small motorcycle battery in as little as three to five days if connected directly to the battery. It is recommended that TAPP be connected to a switched power source to prevent battery drain when the vehicle is not running. A Posi-Tapâ„¢ tap connector supplied in the installation kit makes a robust connection to the vehicle electrical system quick and easy.. So does anyone know where I can get a switched power source or if I buy wiring that has a fuse in it will that allow for the charger to only draw power while the bike is on or what? Also I saw where people asked similar questions yes i searched the forum :laugh: Can anyone point me in the right direction or give advice. Im electrically challanged. Thanks in advance guys

You can just tap into a circuit that is only hot when the key is on would be the easiest way...

Re: HELP GPS charger for my Garmin Nuvi 50

Hello fellow brothers, so im looking for a little clarity hoping you guys can help. I recently bought a GPS (Garmin) and a RAM Mount. I've seen some places where I can get a charger for it to go on the busa. I was looking at 3BR Powersports | Baryl Power Ports | Splash Proof | USB Weather Proof Power Outlet for Power Sport Vehicles - Snowmobile, Motorcycle, Off Road Vechicles, ATV I found the mini-usb charger that I would need(TAPP), but when I click on it for a more detailed description I see at the bottom of the page it says the following. . 3. TAPP quiescent current (power consumption with no load) will drain a small motorcycle battery in as little as three to five days if connected directly to the battery. It is recommended that TAPP be connected to a switched power source to prevent battery drain when the vehicle is not running. A Posi-Tap™ tap connector supplied in the installation kit makes a robust connection to the vehicle electrical system quick and easy.. So does anyone know where I can get a switched power source or if I buy wiring that has a fuse in it will that allow for the charger to only draw power while the bike is on or what? Also I saw where people asked similar questions yes i searched the forum :laugh: Can anyone point me in the right direction or give advice. Im electrically challanged. Thanks in advance guys

Are you installing this on your Busa or another vehicle?
There is a switched power source in the nose of the Busa.
If you are installing this on your Busa contact 3BR or PashnitMoto and they will get you set up. There is a Busa setup from 3BR now.

Hope that helps

Thank you guys! Yes Lurch im installing on the Busa, Ill either contact Tim or 3BR and see what they say and im sure they can set me right. Also Its good to know their is a power source in the nose, I wasn't aware of this. :beerchug:

If you don't use your hazard switch you can wire it into that. I had somebody wire mine that way. Push it in and it's on, push it out and it's off.

If you don't use your hazard switch you can wire it into that. I had somebody wire mine that way. Push it in and it's on, push it out and it's off.

and that is why I love the ORG. . I would have never thought of that, and No I dont use mine ever actually. :cheerleader: :thumbsup: Thank you Blanca. :beerchug:

and that is why I love the ORG. . I would have never thought of that, and No I dont use mine ever actually. :cheerleader: :thumbsup: Thank you Blanca. :beerchug:

Never used mine in three years either. Was there for another reason and talking about the need. Mentioned I'd heard about the power up front in fairing and thought about it. Being the simpleton I am I wanted him to hide another switch for it somewhere and he suggested why not use one you don't?

Made a thread about, wanna hear it.......:laugh:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-usb-charger-into-my-hazard-switch-today.html

Mabye im just easily amused, but damn thats awesome. I mean seriously thats the coolest thing to me :D Just read the link. Thanks again Blanca

As some have said, all the answers above but this is a similar product that I picked up on the other side of the pond. Thing I like is that you can change the end connector for say an iPhone connector and there is an on/off that I located under the rear seat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back