GPS at cost

hbr

"It's all good"
Donating Member
Registered
**Check the pricing on page 2 of this thread- It seems that our prices are aren't competitive on Garmin units. We are able to get a "decent" price on Lowrance units**

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE REPLYS !! Wish we had better results for the Garmins.

<!--EDIT|hbr-06busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139495295 -->

I am interested, not sure what kind but would like to hear from others as what they use and why they like them?
rock.gif

Thanks...

Interested in the Garmin Nuvi. Although a little price, it looks interesting.
Anyone have experience with this new toy?

Cool- this is the first chance I have to check his prices. He's is calling suppliers now.

I want to get another one... I have the SP III Deluxe now which is great but want something a little different for some other things... let me do some moer research and then I'll give him a chance for the business
cool.gif

appreciate the offer too! very cool of him to do this for the org
cool.gif

cool.gif

*NOTE- neither myself nor dad have ANY experience with a GPS*

The scoop so far- I checked the link that RSD provided on the Garmin Steet Pilot III. The only price listed for a NEW one was $779.99, the distributor says it is being fazed out, but has a few and the dealer cost is $645.00. Save $130.00?

Is this a good price? I'm not sure. I'm really don't want to shop around for rock bottom.

If we could get a few more members to post their model and how much they paid we could do some more checking.

If a member is looking at a particular model and has found their best price, we are willing to check our availability and tell them the dealer cost. If we save a member some $, it's all good.

I want to get another one... I have the SP III Deluxe now which is great but want something a little different for some other things... let me do some moer research and then I'll give him a chance for the business
cool.gif

appreciate the offer too!  very cool of him to do this for the org
cool.gif
smile.gif
Not a business by any stretch. Our cost on the unit, hell we'll send the distributor invoice with a unit. Shipping $ on you.

Really think H.org is a GREAT place, brother helping brother.
Invision a 'pay it forward' kinda thing. Nothing more.

Need more members to post what they have and how much they paid to make sure our prices will help the board.

cool.gif

well I paid just under $400 for mine but it was off ebay from a distributor in Canada, so I can't really say. I know there are some competitive sites, gps city is one... if you are beating them you are probably doing pretty good
cool.gif

well I paid just under $400 for mine but it was off ebay from a distributor in Canada, so I can't really say.  I know there are some competitive sites, gps city is one... if you are beating them you are probably doing pretty good
cool.gif
Good thought, I'll bounce some prices. The distributor says that margin is slim on GPS because of all the big retailers.

Little research tonight- Thanks for the idea Zukracer

Cabela's has Streetpilot i3 in their Spring Catalog for $399.99 (not a real good price for what you get) and $699.99 for a Streetpilot c330 . Did someone say they were discontinuing these. I know last year they had Garmin V for $400 and that was a discontinued item. Just giving a pricing idea
idea3.gif
, a close out should be like 1/2 price of the regular deal or the replacement one would be a better deal.

My .02 cents  
smile.gif

Garmin GPSmap 60C paid 400.00 and I feel this is the one to have on a bike. Long and slim and doesn't get in the way. This pick looks like the thing is in the way but the mount allows it to be lowered down out of the way and offf to one side. it works awesome. I can read it perfectly all day long with no problems.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139271742 -->

DSC01336.JPG

Lowrance iway 500c or Garmin StreetPilot 2720 and 2730.

Definitely have an interest if pricing is right!

Back