GPR Stabilizer Product Review

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
You saw it here, first.

Well, all...here's the article I told you about last month.

In about 30 days, I'll do a follow-up report for publication. At that time, I'll have had the GPR onboard and in-use for about 2,500 miles, so a more in-depth assessment can be shared. Actual unit performance items such as drift, tracking, and rigidity levels will be addressed there.

As those of you who were tracking this subject (previously) are aware, the deadline for this article was approximately two weeks after installation of the GPR, during which time the weather prevented typical mass miles with the unit, so I had limited time to 'experience' it.

When the follow-up report is published, I'll share that with you, too.

I have received the group-buy pricing details from GPR. After a short period, I'll launch an effort to get the best price for those interested in purchasing this tremendous addition to their monster machine...

As with all my other review articles, links to THIS THREAD are being sent to scores of non-.oRg members.

:beerchug:

Enjoy the read~

Scar-GPR-Product-Review-Pg1.jpg

Scar-GPR-Product-Review-Pg2.jpg

You've put more miles on that GPR in 3 weeks than I have put on my bike in 3 months!

Congratulations. I'll have to set up a meeting with Mr. Norman to see what his team can do about getting one of these GPR units on a B-King.

Yes, they have spacers just give them a call, tell them what size bar riser you have and they will give you the part number. Check out Motomummy.com for pricing.

:thumbsup:

Great info! Will think about it and wait for group buy. Only problem is I'd have to rethink my Zumo mount that I just finished isn't that the way it goes! Wonder if I could bolt the RAM ball on top of it somehow...
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-2008-busa-threads/100714-my-zumo-camera-install-w-pics.html

Once again you sir have delivered!

Great write up and from what I can tell a pretty good product. Now I just need to convince Sarah that this is a "necessary" item :laugh:

Once again you sir have delivered!

Great write up and from what I can tell a pretty good product. Now I just need to convince Sarah that this is a "necessary" item :laugh:

I'll back you on that, bro...it's a safety item, you'll immediately recognize!!!

If she's on the fence (no, not the electric one) about it, have her call me...

:beerchug: Thanks for the props, Jeffery.

I should add that if anyone wants a full-scale PDF of the above offered article, just let me know and I'll e-mail it wherever you like.

great job, I've been wondering how effective one would be for a while now.I just bought my busa in november, haven't had it out yet. How good does the stock stabilizer work?
Trevor

Nice article. I love my GPR V4, I have had it on for about 12k miles now, from everything from trackdays, daily drive to weeked touring and I enjoy the versatility. I normally have pics to add to the threads, but I don't have them on the laptop,they must be on the main computer.

The only problem I had with mine, it started to leak oil about 3 months during a ride on a hot summer day. I thought I was going to have to send it back for new o-rings, but it quit leaking and seemed to still function properly. But it's do for a rebuild....

great job, I've been wondering how effective one would be for a while now.I just bought my busa in november, haven't had it out yet. How good does the stock stabilizer work?
Trevor

Hey, Trevor...the stock one works fine for what it does. An after-market adjustable one gives you infinite control over stabilization efforts.

GPR gets seriously top marks for build quality and effectiveness.

Highly recommended.

Nice article. I love my GPR V4, I have had it on for about 12k miles now, from everything from trackdays, daily drive to weeked touring and I enjoy the versatility. I normally have pics to add to the threads, but I don't have them on the laptop,they must be on the main computer.

The only problem I had with mine, it started to leak oil about 3 months during a ride on a hot summer day. I thought I was going to have to send it back for new o-rings, but it quit leaking and seemed to still function properly. But it's do for a rebuild....

Re-builds, recommended at 12 months, are cheap (as you probably read in the article) and fast. This'd be a good time for a 'refresh,' before the heavy riding season FINALLY arrives.

Back