Gpr Slip On Exhausts

worzel

Registered
hi, I've scoured the site and can't find any info so any help greatly appreciated,

I have a k8 and it's been brilliant for years with no mods, I had some GPR slip ons bought for me and decided to fit them on the basis they would sound better and improve the look of the bike, and they do in fact they sound fantastic! . However even though just about everything I've read has said no other mods would be necessary for slip ons and should run fine , it's not right.

It seems to struggle at low revs and acceleration , like it's been held back.

Not sure how best to resolve ,I've read about ECU flashing but I'm not computer minded and over my head technically. I come from 30 years of carbs? Lol.

Would be grateful for any direction to resolve , thanks

Sorry I'm not going to be able to help...

but I was thinking of getting some GPR exhaust for my 2014.

Hope you find answer. I'll be watching... Might help me decide if I want to go this route.

How's the sound compared to stock?

Not trying to hijack your thread just keeping it alive. ✌

Got any pics of GPRS installed? Don't find many around.

No worries, They come with 2 removable baffles one at the front and one at the rear so you can play around with variations to get the sound you want, I just keep the front ones in and sound is very deep throat. Have friends with Yoshi , Akro etc but these have a deeper growl to my ears and just on the limit of not being too loud , just what I was after in truth. Build quality as you may have seen in other posts is second to none ,easily as good as other far more expensive options.

I think for touring later in the year I may put both baffles in though lol.

Ill take some pics and post em shortly..

Awesome . Thanks for the info.
I read about the front baffle I didn't know there was a second baffle. Interesting!
Sounds like what I'm looking for too. I like a deep sounding exhaust.

Back