GP-1 Undertail bulb socket question

Superjustin13

Registered
I bought this on ebay and it looks like a GP-1 tail. I had the seller ship it to my brother so he can paint it. I had him send me a picture of it and it looks like i'm missing the left and right turn signal socket+ Bulbs. does anyone know where i can find them?

Here's some pictures.

9045431887185_ORIG.jpg

IMAG0616.jpg

Looks like you may have one of what you need in your jumble of connections. It may be for your tag light too, but pretty much the same deal you need for these. You can probably pick up a couple at like Autozone or Advanced, just a couple marker light sockets which use a 194 bulb.

Usually you can find the ones that are almost rubbery like(flexable a bit) and not the solid hard plastic ones. you may just have to trim the locking tabs down some, pretty much like widdling a square peg to go in a round hole. :laugh:

It is actually pretty easy to make them fit as they are only held in by friction I'd say you might call it. Sorta like putting a hand grip on, grip stretches to go over bar and is held tight by contraction except these are reverse, socket compresses slightly to slide into housing and is held in by expansion.

Did I sorta kinda maybe make that understandable? ??? It is very easy to comprehend in my head.:whistle:

Here they are. same ones on a Cyclops tail I have.

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

Back