Gotta keep my fingers warm!

Craiger

Registered
Even with heated grips and gloves my fingers will eventually go numb when riding in cooler temps. I'm curious to know if anybody has tried those muffs that go over the whole grip with a sleeve to cover all the way over the wrists.

In the old days I used to use the Cylinder head on my old GS1150ES as a handwarmer when riding:D

Now I have the Symtec Grip Heaters, which work great 90% of the time with my Held Gloves. Haven't resorted to heated gloves, mainly due to the bulk. I have an old pair of Leather Hein Gericke Insulated gloves that I do not use, for the same reason. I often wonder if some hand protectors like the KTM's have would be of any value...
OPPTP2WHA7JTR3RMYF3BNX2AVI.jpg

Even with heated grips and gloves my fingers will eventually go numb when riding in cooler temps. I'm curious to know if anybody has tried those muffs that go over the whole grip with a sleeve to cover all the way over the wrists.
I’ve tried them and I felt restricted with movement on the bars. I ended up going with glove liners and heated gloves.

I went with integrated heated grips, where the controls are built in. Ended up throwing them out, too hard and vibey. Went back to progrip gels and invested in a set of heated gloves. Best thing ever. Should've done it years ago.

The latest season of Long Way Down (Up, Around) with Boorman & MacGregor features the riders using something (in Chile??) that might interest you. Sorry, can't tell you which episode but if I find it I'll post it up

Yes I saw those, they are the Oxford Super Muffs which got me into this path of research. Apparently I suffer from Raynaud's so my fingers go numb after a bit. If I wear Cleese lined leather mitts I'm okay for awhile but they are bulky.

In France commuting year round on a motorcycle or scooter is way more common then here in the USA
I saw lots of people with this brand

If I wear Cheese lined leather mitts I'm okay for awhile but they are bulky.
A novel approach .. :poke:

I have a set of these .. Bike It Motorbike Motorcycle Boxer Bar Neoprene Muffs / Gloves / Mitts 5034862313140 | eBay

They are made of noeprene , same as a divers wetsuit .. Will keep you fingers toasty ..

I only ever wear light racing gloves and my finger tips and forward facing parts of fingers would freeze , even when I ride the GTR with heated grips ..
These solved the problem ..

In France commuting year round on a motorcycle or scooter is way more common then here in the USA
I saw lots of people with this brand
Thanks, I did look at those, they are pricey and look large. I'll have to check to see if they work on clip ons as well as bars.

"Elephant Ears" help with the wind blast. A smaller plastic hand guard would be my choice on the road. The local moto-police use the muff / sleeves during the winter months here.

IMG_5066-M[1].jpg

"Elephant Ears" help with the wind blast. A smaller plastic hand guard would be my choice on the road. The local moto-police use the muff / sleeves during the winter months here.

View attachment 1643820
Don't forget I'm riding a Busa so I don't think plastic handguards will fit. I was hoping someone here has outfitted their Hayabusa with the ultimate hand warmer setup. Presently I'm using heated gloves and heated Oxford grips. I want to know if there is a specific brand of muffs that fit.

Back