got to sell the snake

warwgn

Hi,I'm Dustin.Do you like my dancing
Donating Member
Registered
well with the new baby and the worry of her figuring out how to open the cage I am left with a few desicions.
build a new cage that has pad locks or sell the snake and cage all together.

I know if I sell the snake I will be sad, but at the same time I want to get a 180gal aquarium and some big fish so the wife says sell the snake and that will pay for the fish then all I am out is the tank and acceroies.

Just dont know what to do, I've had the snake for going on 7 years now but she will just keep getting bigger and bigger. Well at least I got time to think it over, baby cant crawl yet and when she does she still wont be able to reach the snakes cage.

It's good that you're looking out for the young'n already! It also sounds to me that you would be much happier to build a new home for the snake that would be more secure~ The fish tank would be nice... especially if you get one going like Va has, but I don't feel you would be as happy~ The other thing to concider is whether or not the snake can break free of it's home and get to the young'n...?.. not only if the young'n can get to and/or open the snakes home~ So then, with that in mind, you may be better off in the long run to just go with a fish tank setup~ But then again.... fish tanks can break and/or fall over too~  
SHOCKED.gif

So... now that I've helped you to view all the angles... whatcha gonna do?  
firedevil.gif

If the snake is big enough the contrsict the baby I would get rid of the snake immediatley. Just my .02

Just because the baby cant get to the cage, doesnt mean murphys law wouldnt come into play and the snake could get out some other way.

I am just an overly protective and paranoid person. figure if something can go wrong it usually would.

Just my .02

the snake cant get out for now, but another two feet long or so and she might be strong enough to bust out. I guess I'm thinking of cost as well and future plans. When I get a house with a garage the snake can go in there, but who knows how long that will be and we are planing on another little one.

with that said the money used to build a new bigger stronger "locking" cage, could be used to toward the fish tank which is safer than a 9 ft python or up to 20' full grown. So prolly gonna go with some fish for now and when the kids are grown more maybe get another snake
lurk.gif
But I will miss this one.

(BlueHaya @ Feb. 19 2007,11:53) Will a local zoo take a gift?
giving her away is no problem but that is a last resort, I'm only gonna ask $250.00 for her and the entire set up which is about what I got invested in it all. That should keep the goofballs away who just think it's cool to have a big snake and get in over there head.

Theres lots of options on the table, but giving her away is out for now.

Its all about sacrifice! You cant feed the baby small rodents but you can teach it cool tricks and to say profanity!!
super.gif

(warwgn @ Feb. 19 2007,13:53) the snake cant get out for now, but another two feet long or so and she might be strong enough to bust out. I guess I'm thinking of cost as well and future plans. When I get a house with a garage the snake can go in there, but who knows how long that will be and we are planing on another little one.

with that said the money used to build a new bigger stronger "locking" cage, could be used to toward the fish tank which is safer than a 9 ft python or up to 20' full grown. So prolly gonna go with some fish for now and when the kids are grown more maybe get another snake
lurk.gif
 But I will miss this one.
Now that's the thinking of a responsible parent~ I can feel the pain of your sacrifice, but you are a better man for it~ Like you said.... you can always find another one down the road... when the kid(s) is/are old enough to know better or learn from Dad how to properly handle them~ Good on ya!
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Feb. 19 2007,10:57) Its all about sacrifice! You cant feed the baby small rodents but you can teach it cool tricks and to say profanity!!
super.gif
laugh.gif
ROTFLMFA

trade up for the fish. I've got a 55gal and love it. Oscars, jacks and anything else that eats goldfish.

I'm not much a snake guy, but I'd love to have a shark
firedevil.gif

Have a in the wall type tank that goes all the way around the living room above the door frames. That'd give a shark enough swimming room
super.gif

Only cost me a million dollars...

(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 19 2007,17:16) I'm not much a snake guy, but I'd love to have a shark
firedevil.gif

Have a in the wall type tank that goes all the way around the living room above the door frames. That'd give a shark enough swimming room
super.gif

Only cost me a million dollars...
I like the way you think!

Here is mine

168.jpg

Yeah friggen right!!!! I got it from google.
smileyexhibit.gif

Poor waskily wabbit...
sad.gif
I've always loved snakes... never purchased one, but have always been fascinated by them....

you should talk to motorhead on sh.org.... he has a couple retics

he might be interested in yours...

I wish I was closer so I could get it. Maybe it would eat my wife's cats. Nice Burmese by the way. A few years back I got rid of my retic that I had raised to almost 14 feet. 2 years ago my son's school had a group come in and do one of the animal shows and guess what was there. They even mentioned my name as the original owner. He thought it was pretty cool.

If your gonna get fish after a snake like that there is only one way to go..... Piranha!!!

Back