Got Tires?

Jake918

Road Warrior
Registered
After about 1600 miles I noticed my rear tire was already showing the wires...I was very shocked at how short of a life my tire had. and yes, I might have spun it off once or twice, and rode some wheelies, but I just thought they wore out too soon... and was just wondering if this is normal tread life for the stock Bridgestone tire. And any advice or reviews on good tires for this bike. thanks, Jake

Last edited:
That is not too bad considering, how heavy is your wrist? Welcome. :beerchug:

I have 6200 mile's on the stock tire and its time for a new one for me but I was doing alot of hwy ridding to work 130 miles round trip

One thing about these bikes, you can get as much or little out of the tire as you want, it all depends on how you ride it. My stock 56 got about 4500 miles, the BT-021 did ok, but I had a bad front, so I changed to the Avon Storm, I will see what I get out those.

well Its been two months, and I still cant get enough the busa's rapid acceleration... so the wrist is a lil heavy, but even so; 1600 mls??

Yeah thats really low, im at 4200 right now on the stocker and its still good for at least 1000.

okay, well my friend who also has a busa, said I would be lucky to get 2000 outta the stock tires, and I found that hard to believe. sounds like I just need to be a lil more gentle on it. I just didn't like the thought of buyin tires every 2000miles...

one more thing... can some please explain to me the function of the "A B or C" settings on my bike? (Never got too clear of an answer from the dealership or friends)

I will let the Gen II owners go in depth, but it is a mode selector to reduce power in a given mode. A is default, B is less power, and C mode is even less than B. I dont know the power reduction percentages, but like I said, the Gen II owners can tell ya!

one more thing... can some please explain to me the function of the "A B or C" settings on my bike? (Never got too clear of an answer from the dealership or friends)

I will let the Gen II owners go in depth, but it is a mode selector to reduce power in a given mode. A is default, B is less power, and C mode is even less than B. I dont know the power reduction percentages, but like I said, the Gen II owners can tell ya!

You hit the nail on the head james. I believe B mode is 75% and C mode is 60%. You can tell the difference when you put it in either mode with it being more noticeable in C mode.

well Its been two months, and I still cant get enough the busa's rapid acceleration... so the wrist is a lil heavy, but even so; 1600 mls??

I've had tires that only made it through one track day. That's less than 150 miles. So yes indeedie, it's all in how you operate the throttle. I usually get around 2500 miles from a rear tire if it's a good sticky performance tire.

If you are only into straight line accelleration and don't chew the tread off all the way to the edge, you'd be better off with a harder compound tire. Rich (BA BUSA) really speaks highly of the Avon Storms. He was on the Storms on a recent ride with us and they seem to do a good job for him. I'd PM Rich, he'd be a good source of info on tires that last!

However, you can't have it both ways. You can't have high performance and longivity in the same tire. It doesn't exist!

no offence to riders that use this setting but to me it's like buyin a bad ass new camero's and then choosing a V6... Why? I just feel that If you ride a busa in the first place, You can keep the bike from slingshoting back on top of you at low speeds, or have a hard time keeping the front wheel down beyond your control... I guess i'm just upset because that wasted add-on could have been a built-in power commander or something at least usefull.

:dunno: but i think the softer the compound the shorter the life and if you light up a soft compound tire it will have a very short life on the street :laugh: jmo

no offence to riders that use this setting but to me it's like buyin a bad ass new camero's and then choosing a V6... Why? I just feel that If you ride a busa in the first place, You can keep the bike from slingshoting back on top of you at low speeds, or have a hard time keeping the front wheel down beyond your control... I guess i'm just upset because that wasted add-on could have been a built-in power commander or something at least usefull.

Well, if you're talking about the mode selector then you have to understand the advantage it gives you on rain/slick surfaces. Also, for newer riders, it's a nice safety tool. Raydog

Back