got the zx10 today, impressions

My 05' 10R is -1/+1 on the gearing. This change helps a lot on the take off from stop lights, it certainly does not have torque. I think with a bit more riding your soon going to find out how much EASIER it is to wheelie than a Busa even when you don't want it to.

I can do 8 hrs on the Busa but only 2 on the 10R before I want to quit. My first ride on the 10R I felt like my nose was farther out in front than the front wheel is, due to the compact ride, its not big like the Busa. Two different bikes that I love, but only the Busa gets the $$$ for customization.

I rode an '07 Gixxer 1K Friday, my first ride on a late model litre, and I came away with the same impression...very nimble, not as comfortable and yeah...where's the torque? Thed bike pulled hard but I got back on Tango (my Busa) and holy crap it felt faster than before :). I know I wasn't used to the litre but unless the twisties are very tight, the Busa can hang. It's just a matter of doing it. Congrats on the ZX...it's would be my choice of a litre if I were to buy one :beerchug:.

Back