Got the Scorpio Alarm installed today :D

Rich

Registered
I installed the scorpio alarm today. All I can say is that was alot easier than I thought. I put the "brain" on the right side of the trunk, then I put the kill box and the proxcimity (??spelling??) under the seat. I hooked up the battery and it works good and the range is awesome on it. I walked almost a full block away and I could still arm and disarm it. Then sensor is awesome, I would set the alarm and then walk by the bike (about 3 feet away) and it would chirp like crazy. Real cool mod for the busa. Oh and did I mention the install was really easy.

I will run out and take some real quick. Beware the bike is still torn apart, Waiting on the chrome still.

Here are a couple of pics that I took, Now in the trunk the air shifter and yellow box is just sitting there untill I get NOS controller and PCIIIr in so I can arrange it all. On this pic it is a close up of the "BRAIN" on the left side of the subframe, there was just enough room.

alarm_install.JPG

Here is a view of where I put the proximity sensor and the kill box, they directions said the best place to put it was under the seat and I did not want to put it on the battery. Plus the kill box has to tie into the "orange wire w/ white tracer" that goes into the ECU. I still have to arange all of the wires the way that I want them.  So it looks a little cleaner.

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081579048 -->

alarm_install_2.JPG

I've got an alarm (not a Scorpio) that I am going to install today. I hope it won't be too difficult!

Here is one of the harnes that ties into the taillight portion of the bike. I already bundled up the excess wires though.

alarm_install_3.JPG

This one was not difficult at all.
You're right, it was a pretty easy install. I also got detailed instructions from Icemann on how to make the alarm work with the horn also. Haven't had time to do it yet, but I've already got the relays and wire that I need to set it all up. Thanx again Ice.

Brian

Well, the weather is supposed to be marginal today. Think I will try to get both the alarm and the Motofx GD opener installed. Hopefully no difficulties!

Ya I was going to do that but, changed my mind and decided to go with the lights alone. Plus that siren is loud enough.

Sounds like this could be an excellent investment as I pour more $$$ in to looks and performance. As there is always a predator lurking. DEATH TO THIEVES. Shame we have to go through so much drama to protect our own hard earned investments.

banner_blue.jpg

Back