Got the bad news, my 99 engine has a tiny crack on the bottomside REBUILER ???

chillcat34433

Registered
Had my wheels/swingarm removed by Suzuki for a powdercoating job, and got the call, apparently the bozo that sold me bike didn't tell me about the chopshop work done on bike engine :( JBweld and home-welding done on a cracked casing. Soooooo I don't know what to do. Two options I know of: Rebuild it, or buy an engine outright. I'm in FLORIDA. Any reputable builders, for a LOW COST. Preferrably someone out of their garage (avoid the shop cost). IF I go the rebuild direction. chillcat34433@yahoo.com

I'm guessing you didn't pay much for it since is been around over a decade? I'd suggest parting it out on Ebay and buying a newer bike with less chance of such issues. I'm guessing the bike isn't worth buying a new or used engine block to rebuild. You'll end up with more $$$ in the engine than you paid for the bike. The only viable alternative would be to look for a used engine from a crashed bike?

Good Luck!

I have a cracked casing and its jb weld rectified :laugh: And no I wouldn't unload it on someone without telling them :moon:

My bike runs just fine... If you don't want to spend for a newer or used bike try looking for a crashed bike or stolen recovery to purchase, keep in mind gen 2 will be just fine as long as you got the ECU and harness with it:whistle: :laugh:

Yeah I always try to be as honest as i can when selling stuff.I would never sell something that was cracked escpecially on a bike.I would have repaired it first but I am picky about stuff.I would repair it or look for a gen2 swap.

Well I found a guy in Tampa Fl that asked me to send him pics, said he may be able to save the area (rewelding). Who knows, I guess people do it all the time, maybe the person did a crummy weld job. I found someone willing to trade a 4k motor for (mine + $1600) sounds like a good deal to me. I DON'T want to let the bike go, I'm already elbows deep in customizations, lol. Its just about at a show level in bling and aftermarket things, as well as paint job. I'll at least look into rewelding it. I'm not even 100% the suzuki shop isn't just exagurating the damage. They only pointed out the weld seam. The oil is leaking out of the clutch cover area. I replaced it with a chrome one and reused the original gasket (My mistake), that is when I noticed oil leak soon as I got to shop. They laughed when I said "same gasket" and said they'll order a new one and install, but then called later and said nevermind we'd rather not get into this one. Perhaps its not that bad, I was pretty upset yest over this, Lemme get my bike on Friday, take some good pics and and see what this other guy has to say. Or maybe I'll upload them here.

How did you make out did you do the engine swap or did you repair the cases and do you have any pictures.

your motor and 1600 is NOT a deal. you should be able to buy a motor outright for 1600 all day. or purchase a set of cases and have them swapped. cases can be had for 400

Back