got some wheel stripes (pics)

teddypenn

Registered
ive never put these on before, but i like the way they turned out. coulda been a little better, but i didnt have one of those little application tools. got the stripe from cycle gear for 5 bucks. what do you think?

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0202.jpg

Looks good! I've been thinking about these myself, mostly as a safety feature to let cars see me better at night.

What are the "application tools" you wish you'd had?

Looks good, but the question I have is whether they will survive a tire change?

Looks good, but the question I have is whether they will survive a tire change?

They should unless the changer is careless. But honestly for the price they are cheap enough to replace easily. Also if you are just going for the stripe look and not worried about the reflective quality at night you can go to any parts store and get regular car pin-striping in different colors and different widths and do the same thing even cheaper. And best thing is you can do it in 1 consecutive piece and not the 4 separate pieces in the kits where sometimes they don't cut the curve just right.

They should unless the changer is careless. But honestly for the price they are cheap enough to replace easily. Also if you are just going for the stripe look and not worried about the reflective quality at night you can go to any parts store and get regular car pin-striping in different colors and different widths and do the same thing even cheaper. And best thing is you can do it in 1 consecutive piece and not the 4 separate pieces in the kits where sometimes they don't cut the curve just right.

thats good thinking; i never thought of just getting pin stripes.
and the one i got was one complete strip, not the four seperate ones.

Back