Got screwed over by "chromeowner" aka Jermaine

camaroguy72

Registered
I got screwed by "chromeowner".... you can read the basics of it here... but i among others have gotten dicked around by him. He couldnt complete a job he said he would and when asked for a refund he claims, and i quote... "i'm not in the business of giving refunds" ... says a lot about a guy. He was also claiming he was having all these problems health wise... which were his excuses for another member... but at the same time he was talkin to me and dealin away. I really didn't want to bring it out... but its been over 3 months and i'm out parts and cash... and people need to know what a scammer he is. Here's another site where people are warning about him... there was a link to the wera board.. but the thread no longer exists
... http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=11456&highlight=614-622-8464

he posted about wanting some parts for the Suzuki hayabusa motorcycle in exchange for chrome or powdercoating work. In a private messaging conversation we had starting 5/12/08 where he states the agreement that “Ok here is the deal let me know if you'll go for this: you send me the Ecu, Wiring Harness, Throttle Bodies, fuel pump and regulator and I'll agree to chrome a pair of wheels for you off of your bike, Also let me know if you have any good Busa wheels, this will soften up the blow a little if you had some other Busa parts to add in especially if I have to pay for the return shipping, thanks let me know ASAP so than I can notify my guy who needs these parts, Thanksâ€
I sent him the parts as agreed. I had a phone conversation with him the night before shipping and he wanted some extra parts because he felt the deal was too good for me, so I agreed to send him some hayabusa passenger pegs and brackets as well. He got the parts and called me stating he was unhappy with the pegs and he wanted some money for reimbursement. During that conversation, he told me that he would be willing to speed up the chrome process for me as he had a set of wheels for my bike already being chromed, so as soon as they were done he would send them to me as long as the wheels I sent him were straight. I was aware of a slight bend in my front wheel, so we came to the agreement that I would send him $260 which is the claim amount to straighten the wheel and make up for the passenger pegs he was unhappy with, and he would have the wheels back to me by the end of june.
As the end of june comes around, he told me that the wheels he had promised me were also bent, so he needed to get those straightened as well. At this point I told him to just send me my money and wheels back and call it a day, but he said he already sent my front wheel out to get straightened and he would have it back soon and he would just chrome that for me and send my back my original wheels.

When he told me my rim was being straightened.. he initially told me it would be done at frame straight. i called them to ask what was taking so long and they said they didnt have my wheel and they will never deal with jermaine again as he is a scammer and a thief and i would be lucky to see a dime from him... nothing but bad things to say.

He then stated he could not come through with the chrome anytime soon, so I asked him to send my wheels and money back. He tried to convince me to let him powdercoat the wheels if I took off $100 from the $260 he owed me, and I stated that I agree to that ONLY if he promises that I would have them back before the 4th of july weekend, and he said it’s a deal. I was hesitant at first, but he claimed he already stripped the wheels and they were coated black for the first coat of powder we had spoken about so I let him continue. Time was coming close, so on July 2nd I asked him for a tracking number, and he replied that “ran into a snag got the powder late will ship by Monday†… and this was after he guaranteed them to me by then.
At this point I told him I just wanted my money back and send me back the wheels asap. I had him next day the wheels back to me and I got them July 3rd. I was unhappy as the front wheel was STILL bent, and the wheels he claimed were stripped and coated black, were not. The front wheel had candy red on it, and the wheels were not stripped. Powdercoated OVER the paint. I had them stripped at Competitive Edge Coatings in Hartford,CT again. The rear wheel had no powdercoat on them, which means he lied to me to get me to agree to the deal.

He agreed on July 4th to give me a full refund, including the cost of straightening the front wheel since it was not straight, if I agreed to not give him bad reputation on hayabusa.org and other online sites. He said he needed two weeks, so I said ok. He promised a full refund on July 17th, and I have not received anything. He claimed he sent some money on July 30th, and I have not gotten that yet either. He said it took so long because he was waiting for money from a job he was doing and he was waitingg for the check to clear. The next time we spoke, he was waiting to get the money from his friend back because he wanted his friend to paypal me the money but he could not because in his words, his account “is all jacked up for some reason.â€

ALso, i asked him to let me speak to the guy who supposedly straightened my wheel.. and he wouldnt let me. Wouldnt get me contact info. Wouldnt tell me ****... i was like wtf if this guy has a business.. hes gotta keep customers happy.. then jermaine tells me this guy only deals with businesses and not individuals and he would talk to him for me. Then, even though i was quoted 140 for straightening.. i would only get 100 back.. which i didnt see either yet. I couldnt get it back right away because this dude was on vacation for a week as well apparently.

Heres the texts... he was tryin to convince me to let him powdercoat my wheels and i figured i would give him benefit of the doubt one last time... and of course he screwed that up too.

Sent: Jun 26, 4:51 PM
Hey… hes really not chargin me much since im going to do most of the work… so just send rims and 260 … call me if u want

Received: Jun 26, 4:58 PM
I thought u were going 2 want them so I started them already they are black now

Sent: Jun 26, 5:01 PM
Its gonna cost me like 80 bucks to do them through him… and I know it will match perfectly. I just don’t wanna chip away too much of the 260 as I need the $... id like to think u got more than the cost of the straightening and shipping from all those parts

Received: Jun 26, 6:28 PM
Ill do them and refund 150

Sent: Jun 26, 6:36 PM
If I guarantee it will be tiger drylac…or match it….. and ill have them back by next Thursday… you have a deal. Want them before 4th july weekend because I planned vacation for a few days… prob have to ship them out by Monday im guessing. I talked to my guy and he said he basically does a light coat of chrome powder then 1 coat candy… not sure how u do it. Just want to match.

Received: Jun 26, 6:38 PM
It’s a deal.

Sent: Jun 26, 6:38 PM
Done. Thanks.

Sent: Jul 2, 1:flamethrowing: PM
Hey man… got a trk number yet? Need those rims by tomorrow. Let me know

Received: Jul 2, 1:35 PM
Ran nto a snag got the powder late will ship by monday

Sent: Jul 3, 9:41 PM
Hey man got that trk number? Were u able to ship them?

Received: Jul 3, 10:20 am
Should b there 2day. Sorry away from office

Sent: Jul 3, 10:21 am
No worries. Thanks ill let u know

Sent: Jul 3, 10:44 am
No worries.

Received: Jul 3, 10:45 am
Cool. Ur guy will have 2 redo cause I checked wheel b4 shipping and it needs another coat of red not enuf time 2 do another coat

Received: Jul 3, 2:04 pm
Contacted son of owner will have dad refund 100 when he comes back from vacation on wednesday

Sent: Jul 3, 2:05 pm
Wasn’t it 140? Either way… I can expect 360 at least back by july 17th… u said 1 or 2 weeks… so 2 weeks from our convo is the 17th. Cool? Thx 4 help.

Received: Jul 4, 11:08 am
Call u on Monday 2 discuss

Sent: Jul 4, 11:09 am
Got time now? Want to get this sorted soon

Received: Jul 4, 11:11 am
No spending time with fam, but yes full refund by 17th

Sent: Jul 4, 11:12 am
Sounds good. Thx man. Have a good one

Sent: Jul 14, 12:53 pm
Hey man. I know u said full refund by the 17th... which is only a few days away. Will I have the cash in hand by the 17th? Need the money... don’t want it to be sent on the 17th cuz I have to wait longer then

Received: Jul 14, 2:13 pm
As long as the wheel guy gets the $ 2 me by than otherwise it will go out that day

Sent: Jul 14, 2:14 pm
Can you send what you have? Wasn’t he supposed to get it to ya last week?

Received: Jul 18, 4:11 PM
It has a 5 day hold on it so it will either b thurs of Friday because it is business days

Sent: Jul 30, 2:49 pm
Mail it out?

Received: Jul 30, 3:12 PM
On its way 2u via mail I sent 160 still havent got money from friend thought would send what I had

And to date... almost a month later now... not a word.. not a check.. and no response to my texts. Karma's a ***** dude.

wow this is still going on? isnt this the guy that every post was to sell chrome etc? showed pics of inventory and skirted paying for sponsor space too....

Maybe time to Busafry him?

wow this is still going on? isnt this the guy that every post was to sell chrome etc? showed pics of inventory and skirted paying for sponsor space too....

Maybe time to Busafry him?

same guy. i was waiting to hear back from him.. but i didnt... i was waitin to get all my money and parts back.. but it didnt happen.. so i figured i'll air this dirty laundry so nobody else gets screwed by him too.

Another member on the board is suing him too. He's been sued before. What a character.

Apparently that's the line that all the douchebags get into...

he doesnt even do the chroming... he gets it done somewhere else! yet he owns a chrome business? I didn't get it.

I know he posted a swingarm and wheels for sale in candy blue and said the finish is dull because of the casting on the swingarm.. i was gonna call b.s. over there... but i kept my mouth shut ... as i know this guy doesnt have a clue.

i still cant believe he powdercoated over paint on my wheel... over the yellow powdercoat and black paint... i couldnt believe my eyes when my buddy showed me what was coming off

dayum people out to know that this sh** will get posted on numerous forums.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is why I stay as far away from Chrome as possible. Hell it only makes your bike slower any way that is why 99 had to get that big bore to haul that chrome around :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Karma is truly a ***** .

Want me to make that phone call yet ? :whistle:

Charles Bronson.jpg

Back