Got out today

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Beautiful day today and I decided to get out to my favorite little twisty road.  On the way to the fwy, a gardening truck turns left in front of me!  I was only doing 20 mph, and I saw his wheels turn before he did it so I was able to stop, but come on!, you didn't see me!?  So I proceeded to rip up and down the canyon with no problems, and on the way back, a school bus turns left out of a sidestreet right in front of me.  Again, I had time to see what was happening, and got slowed down, but a Freakin' School Bus?!  I said, that's it I'm going home.

Well atleast you didn't get stuck behind an RV climbing the mountain.
laugh.gif

Bren that is a credit to your skills!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Owen you should consider today a successful ride! Tested twice and you passed! I am impressed... Your stock is rising!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Thanks Marc,

Then, when I was going to work last night, I was sitting at the light waiting to turn left, the light turned green, I looked to the left like I always do before going, and this lady was coming too fast, the car behind me honked like "Go Already", but I sat there and watched as this lady went 3/4 of the way into the intersection before slamming on her brakes. Had I gone she would have hit me, she was all apologetic, and I looked at the guy behind me who was just staring wide eyed. I played it off being cool, waved to the lady as I passed her, she was panicked enough already.
Where's the salt?

SAME HERE
WAS PASSING A CAR ON RIGHT,THAT HAD STOPPED TO MAKE A LEFT TURN YESTERDAY,ANOTHER DRIVER APPROACHING FROM OPPOSITE DIRECTION ALSO TURNED LEFT AT SAME TIME,DIDNT SEE ME,AND I TESTED MY NEW BRAKES PRETTY GOOD
WHAT PHASE IS THE MOON IN
rock.gif

Very sharp skills there Bren. Just glad you are here to keep us all enlightened as to the hazards that we face everyday. I realize that we all want to be safe on our bikes, but it's the other guy/gal whom we have to pay strict attention to. Very good commentary there Bren. You ought to start your own daily show like Paul Harvey.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

Brian

Hey Bren,

This could be a way cool idea. Start a half-hour commentary on bike related issues. We would call it "Owen Brennan's Commentary." That would be the coolest sh^t in the world. I'd tune in...

Brian

Seriously though, we ought to start a category here on the site dealing mainly with safety related issues and mishaps. Everyone could share their input and tell of their experiences. What do ya think?
rock.gif

Brian

Sounds like a good idea for a message board topic like General or Random Thoughts.

I don't know about the radio show, though, might have to be on cable or be quick on the bleeps.

Actually BA that is not a bad idea. I know here in the Corps we publish the mishap report. So everyone sees the things that happened. Some avoidable some not but you learn to look out for different things. Lots of different experiences just from geographical areas. We might save a life or two.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

OH and by the way saving a life is about the coolest thing anyone can do in my book. There are lots of ways to save one too.

idea.gif
"Mishap Report" ....sounds pretty good to me, Im sure anybody who rides even a few miles a year has had to deal with making evassive manuvers to avoid harms way.
Could be a very intresting topic and probly some good reads!

Just a thought... I run with the brightest lights turned on in the daytime, I also run higher power than stock when I can in my bikes. My thought is I would rather have a person swear at me because my headlight is so dam bright it bothers them. Rather than having them stand over me saying they are so sorry that they did not see me when they hit me. It works so get them to swear at ya its safer!
pissed.gif

This reminds me of a thread that i believed got erased about when not to ride.. maybe i will start that thread again.

Back