Got New Rubber the Other Day !

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
I just wanted to tell all the BUSA Owners out there that Still Have the Original OEM Tires on there BUSA that Need to UPGRADE THERE RUBBER !!!!
clap.gif

Got New Metzeler M3 the Other Day and WOW !!!!!!

The BUSA is like a Freakin Slingshot in the Twisties. Foot on the Peg Touched the Ground for the First Time
super.gif

Talk about a Confidence BOOSTER !!!

peace.gif

PS: Thanks OZZ for a Great Ride this Weekend
ThumbsUp.gif

So, papa gots a new pair of shoes!

Congrats...makes you feel like a brand new bike, doesn't it?

I love it!

Congrats on getting your scraping on, bro.

beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
love new tires... so much so I replace both every time.... and then screw up the good front tire before I can give it away... (sorry chris, oh yea I got another if you want it!)

thumb_up.gif

The Right kind of RUBBER is SOO Important....People Just don't know. The BT56 were great if you want to Ride in a Straight Line for the Rest of Your Life but Man these M3 Just Drop in the Turns. At First I was Cutting the Turn TOO Sharp. Before I was Fighting the Double Yellow with the BT56'S
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

The Right kind of RUBBER is SOO Important....People Just don't know.  The BT56 were great if you want to Ride in a Straight Line for the Rest of Your Life but Man these M3 Just Drop in the Turns.  At First I was Cutting the Turn TOO Sharp. Before I was Fighting the Double Yellow with the BT56'S  
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif
Correct assessment...some people just don't know.

I have no experience on the tires you're describing, but the Road2's are my new champ. Love, love, love. Just started a pile of new ones in my garage for future replacements. Figure the price ain't ever going down, so better stock-up!

bowdown.gif

The Right kind of RUBBER is SOO Important....People Just don't know.  The BT56 were great if you want to Ride in a Straight Line for the Rest of Your Life but Man these M3 Just Drop in the Turns.  At First I was Cutting the Turn TOO Sharp. Before I was Fighting the Double Yellow with the BT56'S  
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

I have no experience on the tires you're describing, but the Road2's are my new champ.  Love, love, love.  Just started a pile of new ones in my garage for future replacements.  Figure the price ain't ever going down, so better stock-up!
The BT56's or the M3's...the BT56 is what came standard on the '99-'07 Busa's.

bowdown.gif

The K8 comes with the 015 and I don't think that there is anything wrong with this tire when it comes to lean angle grip. I was running the on-off ramps at the highway in town on-off-on-off-on-off. It's a big 4 leaf clover with real sharp right handers. They are all a little different turn and there all rights(no lefts)but it's fun to go rail the clover for 30-45 minutes. That tire sticks like no tomorrow and never gave any indication of loosing it. When I got home the right side rubber was kinda starting to roll to the edge and bead up kinda in a line on the trailing edge of each tread grove. The Bridgestone 015 is way better than most people give it credit for and more tire than a lot of guys will ever use or need.

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

I have no experience on the tires you're describing, but the Road2's are my new champ.  Love, love, love.  Just started a pile of new ones in my garage for future replacements.  Figure the price ain't ever going down, so better stock-up!
The BT56's or the M3's...the BT56 is what came standard on the '99-'07 Busa's.
Hey, Rich...

Well, clearly with the stock tires I have plenty of experience, being that I had three of the Gen1 beauties.

What's up with you these days?

I sent you a PM asking about your hydraulic clutch fluid. Any word on that? Don't want to hijack the thread.

AAaaarrrgh.

Scar

bowdown.gif

The K8 comes with the 015 and I don't think that there is anything wrong with this tire when it comes to lean angle grip. I was running the on-off ramps at the highway in town on-off-on-off-on-off. It's a big 4 leaf clover with real sharp right handers. They are all a little different turn and there all rights(no lefts)but it's fun to go rail the clover for 30-45 minutes. That tire sticks like no tomorrow and never gave any indication of loosing it. When I got home the right side rubber was kinda starting to roll to the edge and bead up kinda in a line on the trailing edge of each tread grove. The Bridgestone 015 is way better than most people give it credit for and more tire than a lot of guys will ever use or need.
+100
thumb_up.gif

Correct tire pressure is EXTREMELY important too. 42/42 on the street is a must.
Gotta disagree there. A static PSI is not for every rider on every Busa on the street. Lots of other factors.
Disagree if you want. It is a heavy bike (550+ lbs. wet) and, as such, requires sufficient pressure. That is why Suzuki recommends 42/42...check your swingarm sticker. I dunno how heavy you are, or how aggressively you ride, but if you are 2 bills or over, that is really the minimum good pressure FOR THE STREET.

The track is a different story...

I run 36-38, for the twisty's ??

Cold, when you leave the house? Ever check the tire pressure when it's hot at the end of a fast run?

The lower your tire pressure is cold, the hotter the tire will be when they get to their optimal running pressure. They all end up at the same pressure hot. The only question is "How hot?"

Don't believe it? Get a thermal gage. Run 42 lbs. Warm them up really good. Check the pressure and temp. Let it cool back down. Drop the pressure 4 lbs and run it. Check the hot pressure and temp again. The hot pressure wil be withing 1 or 2 lbs. The temp will be several f warmer on the lower pressure.

Warmer tires stick better, but wear out faster. Cold tire last longer, but slide easier. Track proven on my 08.

Have dropped my rear pressure to 38 , find it a lot better .
Still running front as standard pressure

The lower your tire pressure is cold, the hotter the tire will be when they get to their optimal running pressure. They all end up at the same pressure hot. The only question is "How hot?"

Don't believe it? Get a thermal gage. Run 42 lbs. Warm them up really good. Check the pressure and temp. Let it cool back down. Drop the pressure 4 lbs and run it. Check the hot pressure and temp again. The hot pressure wil be withing 1 or 2 lbs. The temp will be several f warmer on the lower pressure.

Warmer tires stick better, but wear out faster. Cold tire last longer, but slide easier. Track proven on my 08.
Wrong

Boyle's Law of Gases.

If the volume is constant and the temperature increases, the pressure will increase, correspondingly.

If you keep getting the tire hotter, the pressure will keep increasing.

Dry nitrogen will have less variance than air from your home or gas station's compressor (unless it has a refrigerated air dryer), because it does not have water vapor in it.

Jr. high school physical science class proven, in 1988.
laugh.gif

I run 40 rear and 38 front these days, seems to be the set-up that feels the best in my BT-021s. Rear pressure doesn't seem to make much difference 40 or 42 but the front at more than 38 goes to getting a bad feel to it. Since the front is never a wear problem anyway, I'll go for the good feed back. A different brand of tire I expect will be different.
Back to the original topic, yes I was amazed how much better even modern sport touring tires felt than the OEM 56s. Wearing a lot better too.
ThumbsUp.gif

yup i switched to pilot powers and what a difference they made in handling AND road feel. my oems still had miles left on them but i wanted more confidence in my tires.
beerchug.gif

Back