Got nailed by California Higway Patrol (CHP)

purplehaze05

Registered
Cruising down I-15 heading to North County HyperSports to put the Busa back on the dyno...

I'm just cruising at about 100 mph (no big deal)...

Off to my right about a 1/4 mile up, I see a California State Patrol car, ok so I see him, and decide to tap the front brake and slow a little...

Well when I finally slowed and came up from my full tuck, I look in my mirrors, and holy poop, a state boy about to run up my ass, with lights on and poop.....

So I do the right thing and pull over. He says do you know how fast your going?
rock.gif
? and where are you going in such a hurry?
rock.gif
?

He then ask for licence, registration and proof of insurance. Ok I hand it all over with the exception of my registration. (can't find it).When I gave him my licence, I also handed him my Military I.D.

He say you know I been behind you, following you at about 100 mph for like the last 4 miles...

I say No Sir I didn't, I looked up and seen you, and immediately pulled over.

So I start to ask him to just let me off with a warning ticket.... He says, no way, your getting a ticket... I say give me a break Sir, I'll slow it down, my speedo is off and I didn't realize I was going any more than maybe 75 mph at best...

He say, your getting a ticket and that's it. I'm thinking motherf*cker.... And then he say, I ride a motorcycle myself, I say what kind Sir.... He say a ST1200, I say that's cool....

He say I'm writing you a ticket for no registration only, is that ok. I said hell yes that's ok...

Guess I got lucky today..... All cops are not bad, this one happen to be really cool

rock.gif

Way to go Sailor! Got away with one! Good for you! Stop by the shop tomorrow and I will show you my radar detector setup.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Have military I.D.? Oh, well maybe I can make an exception.

That card has helped me more than once.

I guess all who serve(foreign or domestic) are truely BROS

my tag is in my trunk, I never stop for cops. I politely accelerate away, havent gotten a ticket in 40,000 miles of riding

Mike

Cruising down I-15 heading to North County HyperSports to put the Busa back on the dyno...

I'm just cruising at about 100 mph (no big deal)...

Off to my right about a 1/4 mile up, I see a California State Patrol car, ok so I see him, and decide to tap the front brake and slow a little...

Well when I finally slowed and came up from my full tuck, I look in my mirrors, and holy poop, a state boy about to run up my ass, with lights on and poop.....

So I do the right thing and pull over. He says do you know how fast your going?
rock.gif
? and where are you going in such a hurry?
rock.gif
?

He then ask for licence, registration and proof of insurance. Ok I hand it all over with the exception of my registration. (can't find it).When I gave him my licence, I also handed him my Military I.D.

He say you know I been behind you, following you at about 100 mph for like the last 4 miles...

I say No Sir I didn't, I looked up and seen you, and immediately pulled over.

So I start to ask him to just let me off with a warning ticket.... He says, no way, your getting a ticket... I say give me a break Sir, I'll slow it down, my speedo is off and I didn't realize I was going any more than maybe 75 mph at best...

He say, your getting a ticket and that's it. I'm thinking motherf*cker.... And then he say, I ride a motorcycle myself, I say what kind Sir.... He say a ST1200, I say that's cool....

He say I'm writing you a ticket for no registration only, is that ok. I said hell yes that's ok...

Guess I got lucky today..... All cops are not bad, this one happen to be really cool
Glad that you did not get a speeding ticket.

rock.gif

May good luck come all our way like that.
Lots of cops ride up here mostly V motors though, some young ones on Triumph's and the sort.
They only wish I would let them ride my Falcon.

He was probably laughing the whole time he was following you thinking, "Boy will he be surprised when he finally DOES sit up". If he wanted you to notice him he would have hit the siren a long time before that.

Glad you missed the big one, I'm sure that would have cost ya big time. And you're right I think most of the cops I know are pretty good people. You always got a few a-holes out there but for the most part they are decent men and women. Or at least as decent as the A-holes out there grossly and knowingly blowing past speed limit signs with nothing more than a quick snicker of contempt.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA which seems to be most of us
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nice 1 mate,u where lucky...lol
hope every1 is reall happy with there bikes,coz theres so much joy to be had on one;)
me and my baby cruise at about 70-80 mph,thing is somtimes u dont even know ya doing it,but i try my best to keep it down.
i know what these bike are capable of,so i aint gotta prove anything to no 1
smile.gif

Ha try wipping that military ID here in Norfolk, especialy after being paced at 100mph. You will find yourself spread eagle on the side of the interstate with a gun drawn on you until back-up arrives. They hate speeders here. The only thing wore than a speeder is a squid, oh wait a squid with 30 day tags. Yea that will get you shot.

I averaged 7 tickets a year here for 5 years.
speeding tickets to include BS like

atempted vehicular homacide (89 in a 55)
2 wreckless endangerment
5 wreckless drivings
speed test
drag racing
failure to mantain control (Donuts in the Kroger parking lot)
felony evasion. (Didn't see him for a mile so he said I was running)

To all my buddies that are Norfolk cops:
I wouldn't piss in your mouth if your face were on fire!!!

I glad you scooted away from that fiasco. In Virginia these guys get a real hard-on busting bikers. A lawyer has told me the best thing to do is wait to be asked for proof of license and registration. Keep your big mouth shut. Admit no fault. Do not beg. You might get away. It is a money business here

Actually, rather than pissing cops off, making the stop quick and giving only minimal response works to make it as un-memorable as possible, which works for you in court.

I would MUCH rather take my chances in getting dismissal from court by the judge than to seal my fate at the scene with the cop. With a little research and planned strategy, you may find your chances of winning in court far better and far more reliable.
wink.gif

my last stop, I was doing 100 in a 65 and was looking at a 5 pointer!

I brought my lawyer to court with me. Since my lawyer knew a couple of the other officers around he asked about the officer who stopped me. They told him that he was not back from a hunting trip in Alaska.

So, my lawyer decided to plead not guilty. The judge said, "I don't wanna have to drag you guys back in here again." And, he dismissed the charges. WOOHOO!

BTW - The judge was letting pretty much everyone off with PBJ anyway. He said the point system in MD was not working properly. The only guy he stuck was a black guy (suspect judge).

Back