Got myself a B King

The only thing i don't like on the B-king is the undertail exhaust. But you're right the MT-10, and any other naked looks the same. I'm sure that if Suzuki released the B-King today, it would have sold a lot more and be super popular.
Yeah, the stock exhaust HAD to go......they look ok done like the OPs bike....a nice set of Akrapovics under there...

Yeah, the stock exhaust HAD to go......they look ok done like the OPs bike....a nice set of Akrapovics under there...

Does not anyone get bored of oval this / round that? I think it is fantastic because it is a one-off and recognizable.

I would have kept it and painted it bright red to highlight it and to deliberately irritate the critics.

Does not anyone get bored of oval this / round that? I think it is fantastic because it is a one-off and recognizable.

I would have kept it and painted it bright red to highlight it and to deliberately irritate the critics.
If you are referring to the stock BKing exhaust....beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder there..

If I would have found one when I was looking the FIRST thing to go were those hideous star shaped exhaust that looked like they were designed by the Japanese Anime club.

I got my Bking used...and it already had the 2bros mufflers...which I despise.
It cost over $120 for their double ended baffles, just to make the droning pos torlerable.
Had I kept the Bking more than a couple years it would've eventually gotten a full single Busa exhaust.
Stock Bking exhaust is very restrictive, and alot of weight high up.

I got my Bking used...and it already had the 2bros mufflers...which I despise.
It cost over $120 for their double ended baffles, just to make the droning pos torlerable.
Had I kept the Bking more than a couple years it would've eventually gotten a full single Busa exhaust.
Stock Bking exhaust is very restrictive, and alot of weight high up.
I always kind of thought the BKing to be the natural evolution for the Bandit....as in "Bandit King"

I did sit on one once and liked the riding position...I just couldn't find one when I was looking.......or I would have had one now.

I probably would have looked at changing out the headlight cluster too..

A BKing isn't any uglier than this bike which looks pretty much the same as any of the "nakeds"

View attachment 1653865
Don't hate on the MT10 :)

3621624.jpg

I always kind of thought the BKing to be the natural evolution for the Bandit....as in "Bandit King"

I did sit on one once and liked the riding position...I just couldn't find one when I was looking.......or I would have had one now.

I probably would have looked at changing out the headlight cluster too..

The headlight and gage visibility(day or night) is very good on them.
I really like the Bking, and have no real complaints with it.
I had no issues making the bike do whatever I wanted it to either.
I just grew tired of big and heavy bikes.
I wanted to go back to 1k's again at that point.
I would have another, and actually almost bought one last year.
And now...I have my super pig Concours...the biggest and heaviest bike I've ever owned...and I love it, lmao!

The headlight and gage visibility(day or night) is very good on them.
I really like the Bking, and have no real complaints with it.
I had no issues making the bike do whatever I wanted it to either.
I just grew tired of big and heavy bikes.
I wanted to go back to 1k's again at that point.
I would have another, and actually almost bought one last year.
And now...I have my super pig Concours...the biggest and heaviest bike I've ever owned...and I love it, lmao!
Imagine if Suzuki would have pulled off supercharging the BKing (like it was supposed to be).....Hayabusa guys would be looking around to put BKing motors in their bikes....

Imagine if Suzuki would have pulled off supercharging the BKing (like it was supposed to be).....Hayabusa guys would be looking around to put BKing motors in their bikes....

It would definately be a fun ride.
Just flashing the Bking ecu to an unrestricted Busa, and with a ram-air mod and exhaust is a dramatic difference.
I can only imagine that 50-100% more hp wouldn't be anything short of wonderful, lol.

If you are referring to the stock BKing exhaust....beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder there..

For clarity (you know that I am nutty about words): There is nothing beautiful on the B-King :D. I wrote "fantastic" HAHA. That means "so extreme as to challenge belief" and "eccentric". Haha and I love it!

For clarity (you know that I am nutty about words): There is nothing beautiful on the B-King :D. I wrote "fantastic" HAHA. That means "so extreme as to challenge belief" and "eccentric". Haha and I love it!
Although I am well versed in wordsmithing" from the days of writing complex reports for tier 1 command level leadership, I am not an English major, nor do I hold a degree in English language.

Ya gotta write in plain English around here for us mere mortals to both catch your meaning and respond in a similar fashion...

Although I am well versed in wordsmithing" from the days of writing complex reports for tier 1 command level leadership, I am not an English major, nor do I hold a degree in English language.

I certainly hope you were not insulted by how I wrote that...I was merely clarifying my description of the bike.

Ya gotta write in plain English around here for us mere mortals to both catch your meaning and respond in a similar fashion...

"It is mean, ugly, unique" How am I doing?

Yea I hope I didn't scare the new guy away already...

Last edited:
The only thing i don't like on the B-king is the undertail exhaust. But you're right the MT-10, and any other naked looks the same. I'm sure that if Suzuki released the B-King today, it would have sold a lot more and be super popular.
I’d love to buy a modern Gen-3 based B-King, or better still a boosted one as the concept was. Styling wise it’d be OK today, however Hyper Nakeds have moved on, many offer a much more sporty bike and some like the Ducati V4 Streetfighter and Z-H2 are big horsepower bikes that the original King never had to compete with. I’d still buy a modern King as I love Suzuki’s and the King was a proper sledge hammer bike.

Interestingly they always sold well here. I still see a few others about and awhile back we had 6 or 7 on one ride. Not bad when we have a smaller more distributed population than the UK or US.

A8F23CEE-9C50-4DB0-B074-FB4FD214E68F.jpeg

Last edited:
For those that don’t know, the huge exhaust thats often a very Love or Hate feature isn’t actually the exhaust. It’s just two plastic dummy covers. The actual silencer is a bit smaller, very ugly and very heavy hidden under the pillion seat.

Heaps of folk change it, however, almost 15 years later folk are now changing back to stock and stuff like the original exhaust, mirrors, rear guard etc are getting sought after.

I’ve never been fussed what factory pipes look like buying a bike. To me its like buying a car and moaning the seat and mirrors need adjusting or the factory tyres aren’t my favourite. The Kings low capacity very wide tank was more of an issue to me.

A B-Kings actual exhaust…..

925E1144-B189-47D1-A385-4149EB953A96.jpeg

A few folk have found that some aftermarket cans will fit under the big plastic dummy covers with quite minor work. They like the better sound and weight lose, but get the original more outrageous cartoon styling.

The production King never quite had the same look as the concept.

E197D86A-BD49-4102-AF35-E0FDE1285092.jpeg

0F4DA338-9B09-4D99-BEB7-D24CA8486B8A.jpeg

Back