Got myself a B King

I’ve seen a few posts where the King was said to be a one model run, 2008 only bike etc. Whilst this is true in some countries (USA?), places like the UK, EU, AU got a later model, mechanically the same but Blue / White paint and Gold wheels (my wheels are off a later bike). When the later Blue / White bike was dropped from most countries range, there were still new bikes being produced for sale (possibly not just old stock) in places like Brazil.

FE0EA6BF-139B-4F70-A9C8-38068222F0DD.jpeg

The U.S only got the Bking in 2008.
Black or silver only, but with a hodgepodge of color combos, as some black bikes had black or silver swingarms.
The black or silver bike had either the chrome or the black clutch cover.
Several small parts came black, gray, or chrome on either the black or silver bike.
Some had ABS, some did not(mine didn't).
So the one year U.S sales seemed like Suzuki picked over the parts bins to get them here.

The U.S only got the Bking in 2008.
Black or silver only, but with a hodgepodge of color combos, as some black bikes had black or silver swingarms.
The black or silver bike had either the chrome or the black clutch cover.
Several small parts came black, gray, or chrome on either the black or silver bike.
Some had ABS, some did not(mine didn't).
So the one year U.S sales seemed like Suzuki picked over the parts bins to get them here.
I don’t think it was a US model thing…. all the UK and AU bikes I’ve seen, there was a pretty standard parts allocation In that all the silver were the same, all the black were the same.
All black bikes got black swingarms, silver calipers etc.
All the silver bikes got silver swingarms and black calipers etc.
Then there were ABS and Non-ABS versions of each.
I think all the later Blue / Silver bikes may have been ABS due to legislation.

4EADE844-F140-49DF-A40A-E2673E33DFD4.jpeg

D769E60B-539A-4B2A-B854-A7D151BEF8D3.jpeg

Yamaha shouldn't have detuned it so badly
There’s a couple around with full-on tuned R1 motors. From what I’m told they are a real handfull. I’d love to try one.

But as you said, yeah, there’s not much R1 in an MT10.

“R1 has a lighter crank, Ti rods, lighter flywheel, higher CR, different combustion chambers, lighter valves ( higher rpm ), different valve springs, different porting, smaller airbox, dual injectors on each throttle body and different cams to the MT10”

I don’t think it was a US model thing…. all the UK and AU bikes I’ve seen, there was a pretty standard parts allocation In that all the silver were the same, all the black were the same.
All black bikes got black swingarms, silver calipers etc.
All the silver bikes got silver swingarms and black calipers etc.
Then there were ABS and Non-ABS versions of each.
I think all the later Blue / Silver bikes may have been ABS due to legislation.

View attachment 1653893

View attachment 1653894

I've seen more black bikes with the dark calipers than the silver ones too.
Strange.

At long last after a 3 week wait, I picked it up today. Took it steady to get used to it and was impressed at how nimble it was. And it had brakes that completely outshone my V Max efforts. Great sounds from the exhausts without being too distracting to warrant attention from Hampshire Constabulary. Pics attached (I hope) of my paltry collection. Put the Kymco 125 in as I use it more than the V Max around the City and it fits nicely n the back of the Camper. Going to change the Radiator/Cooler guards for black ones. I'll bed it in and then start considering those upgrade snippets that have been provided. Cheers All. Mog

20220815_135306.jpg

20220815_135319.jpg

20220815_135331.jpg

20220815_135342.jpg

20220815_135355.jpg

20220815_135412.jpg

Stupid Question Time. I have lowered the footrests. Cramp gain. Getting old. The gear lever is fine and lines up but I need to sort out a lower rear brake lever. Done adjustments but it needs a further 2cm to go down and the pedal bit needs to come out 2cm further as can just get my big toe on it.. Had a look on e-bay and they do billet ones that come apart, which I can extend with longer bolts to fit, however these are for the Hayabusa only. Checked the Parts numbers on Fowlers website and they are different but image wise they look the same. So, can someone tell me whether they are the Hayabusa rear brake lever is the same as the B-King ?

Back