Got myself a B King

Mog

Registered
Brand spanking new Member here. Popped into a Suzuki Dealer to get an Oil Filter for my V Max 1200 and, whilst walking off the cramps that this bike gives me as too low, happened to see a 2007/8 B-King for sale amongst a plethora of Busa's. One sit on later and deposit paid. Just waiting for delivery now. Hopefully I won't be too much of a pain on this forum with stupid questions but grateful for any advice as and when I scratch my head. Look forward to being part of the forum. Added a picture from the Shop (I think...) Mog

1658907595452.png

Brand spanking new Member here. Popped into a Suzuki Dealer to get an Oil Filter for my V Max 1200 and, whilst walking off the cramps that this bike gives me as too low, happened to see a 2007/8 B-King for sale amongst a plethora of Busa's.

Welcome! Awesome bike. The Pure Black one = one of the coolest bikes ever. Hrm...Requires black wheels and foot pegs. :poke:

I am curious about the busa selection. This sounds like a big dealership.

Hopefully I won't be too much of a pain on this forum with stupid questions but grateful for any advice as and when I scratch my head.

I just asked about seat padding because I have no clue about it. Hopefully that eases your mind. This place is informative. Ask about anything, anytime, for any reason. Life is in the details and too many out there skip such, but you will get great and helpful detail here.

Last edited:
Very nice.

I’ve had mine since 2007.

Make sure it has the latest Reg/Rec recall done, there was a recall, then another recall on the first recall fitted part !

A few few bikes had an issue with the clutch bolts working lose (no thread lock) but most have been fixed or checked by now.

Make sure the throttle cables are loosely tied back. I’ve seen a few bikes where they rubbed and wore against the clocks.

Fun bikes! 16.5ltr tank and pillion arrangement isn’t as good as a Busa but they have a nice riding position and are a heap of fun.

Wheels swap with the Gen-2 Busa but you need to keep the B-King cush drive, it’s different to the Busa one. Forks swap and the Busa has better (firmer) internals. Rear shocks swap but the Busa one lifts the rear quite a bit. Motor has cosmetic differences but is mechanically the same, the Kings lower pony count is in the pipe, airbox, ECU and fixable. King has narrower downpipes so a good full system helps. Swingarms don’t swap, rear suspension is off-set.

7EF9D655-72CF-4F53-9707-69C3D306B3B9.jpeg

Looks like an 07 / 08 build non-ABS model. (Similar to mine).

Polished rims, exhaust cans, tail tidy are the only stand out mods. Looks quite tidy. All Kings were sent out in the crate with a pillion seat and a single seat cowl, but many seats or cowls seem to go missing over the years, either by past owners or dealers.

Although the King and Busa both used the same rear wheel, the Busa had a 190/50 and the King had a 200/50 tyre. The King really doesn’t benefit from the larger OEM size and it’s very popular for owners to fit a taller 190/55.

It took me a little while to feel 100% at home on mine. The wide tank and dummy side pods give it a quite different riding position. They don’t suit everyone, I’ve had a few mates with them (we had 6 together on one ride) who didn’t keep them. I can’t see me parting with mine. I wouldn’t have one as an only bike, but it is a fun bike in its own roll. I look forward to hearing some feedback from you.

0CD8089A-FFE8-40EE-B101-CB9F2839444B.jpeg

A5D574D6-69C9-4AC6-8349-12321804BA40.jpeg

03683C3A-11C6-4C6D-9CBF-A2E1B1B2663C.jpeg

Do a ram-air mod.
Have the ecu flashed to an unrestricted Busa bin file.
Open(or remove entirely) the exhaust midpipe's butterfly valve.
If you remove the 2 cables going to it, it's spring will hold it in it's most open position.
Trace the cables to the servo and remove it too if you choose, it's keyed power wire can be used to power other accessories.
Better yet, full Busa exhaust.
These changes are night and day on a Bking, and make it much more aggressive/fun.

Back