Got my parts back from powder coat

Cipher Complete

Registered
I ceramic coated my mid pipes, painted my rear pegs, and powder coated my peg mounts
IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

Sorry, photobucket did not want to let me in

I heard that gsxr1300 rear sticker is a PITA to take off. What did you use?
Looking good
firedevil.gif

Never thought of getting my pipes powder coated, they are all chipped up.  Thanks for the idea.  Will they hold up?

Interesting how ceramic powder hold up.
What is the deal with orange peel on rear peg mounts?
Looks oversprayed to me.
06LE is the best color ever.
Now you have to powder black all other pieces on your bike.
Rearsets with master cylinder, rear brake hanger, bolts , etc.
I would also take apart those akros and powdercoat flanges.
White Busa is a killer! Love it.
beerchug.gif

I had them do a peel on the rear pegs to get a flatter finish. The other option was a high gloss black. The ceramic is not chipped yet, there is just a spot on the back side where my ratchet hit is and chipped it by the flange on the pipe. I shouldnt say it is fragile, it is like any flat paint finish, where i am sure rub marks will show. My next plan is Vortex rear sets in black, and to paint the rear caliper hanger, now all i need is $$$

To take off that rear sticker, I just used a hair dryer and took my time. then I used the best product that Kawasaki makes, K Kare wipe down

The colors go well together, but like Vic said that orange peel on the rearsets would drive me batty.

(Cipher Complete @ May 10 2007,07:17)
"I had them do a peel on the rear pegs to get a flatter finish. The other option was a high gloss black."

They just don`t have right powder. I matched powder before and still have it. Let me know if you need some. Match frame exactly.

Ceramic coating will go brownish in a few hundred miles. I`d recommend epoxy powder, not ceramic.

Back