Got my new Internet connected this morning... Still trying to catch my breath..

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I did my first speed test from my new provider to my sucky old DSL provider.

OEC Fiber_2019-09-11_11-32-17.jpg

I would love to have that speed, hard to get 5 download around here at times.

So is that a lan connection or over WiFi? Their equipment or yours?

Fiber to the house so hard wired and you can use their equipment or your own. I use a watchguard firewall as my edge device.

Nice setup. I’m running gigabit service to the house. That plugs into my Motorola docsys 3 modem. I see about 980 out of it. From there I ran cat6 cable to an ASUS ac5300 WiFi. Unfortunately it chokes quite a bit. From 200-600 speeds are seen. Going wires to all devices is just not fees able

Internally I have 4 managed switches ( 2 - 48 port POE & 2 -24 Port Gigabit) 6 Access points a wireless mesh that covers our yard and well over a hundred devices that have IP's for network access for some reason or the other... There is a lot of traffic on my local network. From Google Home, my AC unit, TV's, computers, Cameras, Solar sytem, geesh everything.

Cap..

Like cap I also have 2 managed switches
5 access points
2 physical esx servers 14 virtual machines
8 pcs
Cameras
AC units on wireless
Thermostats
Smart TVs
Etc

Make sure for wireless you set the channel width to 20 and set the wireless channels manually. You'll get much better throughput

Century link here is $65 a month for a 1gb connection.
1gb is so cumbersome when you have 100gb at work :)

Maybe I can bend y’all ear sometime with a proper setup on this router. If it weren’t for the high price I paid for it, I’d swap it out. No servers here, just smart TVs, game systems and laptops. Not sure how to run multiple SSID off one unit.

Back