Got my new '03 Busa, now need to do setup

phesby

Registered
Hey All - I've been lurking here since February and today plunked down cash on a new '03 Silver/Black Busa (you all have me convinced this is the bike to get!).  It's still in the crate and hasn't been setup yet.  Anyone have documentation on the setup process?  My brother and I are going to go uncrate it and set it up next weekend and I just want to make sure we don't overlook anything.

Looking forward to riding my new toy!  I sold my V-Max last fall and have been in pain not having a bike in the garage.  Not for long...

It is a very, very difficult process involving many special tools and secret rituals. I suggest paying your dealer the $600 set-up fee to avoid voiding the warrantee.
notify.gif

OK, I joke, thought I had you there for a sec.
biggrin.gif
It is pretty basic. Remove the cardboard, remove the loose parts (front wheel, windscreen, mirrors, battery, etc.). Secure the bike so you can remove the crate frame. Install the front wheel and install the rest of the stuff. Add/check fluids, check battery.

For the finishing touches, you can do it like some dealer techs I have seen, start the bike and keep revving the crap out of it as if it were some old, carbed 2-stroke on its last leg.
laugh.gif

Thanks Narcissus.  The thought of some kid prepping my bike makes me sick.  
sad.gif

I'm so glad I'm doing this myself!!!
cool.gif

Remove the cardboard, remove the loose parts (front wheel, windscreen, mirrors, battery, etc.). Secure the bike so you can remove the crate frame. Install the front wheel and install the rest of the stuff. Add/check fluids, check battery.
Actually, I would just take off the plastics, install windscreen, position and tighten the clip-ons, fill with fluids and install the battery.

Its all together (wheels and all), even the mirrors are already on.

Boxed_up_busa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta be fun!! Monster in a box...even though mine is 01 blue silver..I "really" like that silver/silver.....have fun be careful..

Hey All - I've been lurking here since February and today plunked down cash on a new '03 Silver/Black Busa (you all have me convinced this is the bike to get!).  It's still in the crate and hasn't been setup yet.  Anyone have documentation on the setup process?  My brother and I are going to go uncrate it and set it up next weekend and I just want to make sure we don't overlook anything.

Looking forward to riding my new toy!  I sold my V-Max last fall and have been in pain not having a bike in the garage.  Not for long...
Congrats on the New toy. i got the Silver/black model too. by far the best looking one out there
jump9.gif

I've always bought used bikes in the past, so taking a new one right out of the crate will be fun!

I had to decide between an '02 black SE, or the '03 silver/black.  When I saw the silver/black in person - I was sold!  
thumbs-up.gif

I don't know if you know this or not, but get it into the sunlight... its actually very, very Dark blue (or I should say has dark blue metallic in it)..

Can't see it in the stores, but get it outside in the sun, and its got blue in it. 100%

Back