got my frame sliders installed, pics

hemi

Registered
received my trex no-cut frame sliders today and installed them tonight, along with changing the oil. Install was pretty simple, removing plastics was the hardest part. I know a lot of people say cut sliders are much better, but these things are pretty sturdy, couldn't believe how much the box weighed when i grabbed it off the front door. The brackets that bolt to the frame are very thick/sturdy. To be honest, i don't know how these could be much weaker than regular sliders, the brackets bolt to the exact same spot in the motor mount that cut sliders do, and they seem very well built. Anyway, here are the pics after install

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

They look great. After not performing the $1100 kick stand mod and having my bike fall off the kick stand while assisting a downed rider and wipe out all the plastic on the left side I need to purchase these before I put on my new plastic:beerchug:. Where can they be bought for a fare price?

Nice, sroos. Like your choice of trucks, too (I don't have 550hp out of the Cummins under the hood, but sure do love my '06 Ram 3500 dually with 325hp).

Will be looking at a set of frame sliders, too. Don't they make sliders for other parts of the bike as well? What protects the upper (top) fairings and gas tank in the event of a drop?

Nice, sroos. Like your choice of trucks, too (I don't have 550hp out of the Cummins under the hood, but sure do love my '06 Ram 3500 dually with 325hp).

Will be looking at a set of frame sliders, too. Don't they make sliders for other parts of the bike as well? What protects the upper (top) fairings and gas tank in the event of a drop?

The sliders protrude out further than the fairings, so in the event of a "drop"...you should be good.

Do a search for t-rex...there's plenty of good threads with pics. They make some sliders for the front axles as well.

Things that may get some nicks or scratches still with the sliders are:
- mirrors
- bar ends
- stator cover
- shift lever
- exhaust

no problem breaking loose the motor mount bolts. They were pretty tight, but used a 3/8" ratchet with a socket allen and it broke free with some force. Really like them so far. Dropped my bike the 2nd day i bought it brand new and lucky no damage was done. Have almost dropped it numerous times at slow speeds or parking it, so these will definitely help if it happens again

I installed them last week. Oscar at T-Rex is your guy to contact. He sent me a PDF file with pictures of how to install these sliders.
Good quality product and easy to install.

Dropped my bike the 2nd day i bought it brand new and lucky no damage was done. Have almost dropped it numerous times at slow speeds or parking it
Okay, don't kill me for asking what I am sure a lot of other members are thinking: almost dropped it numerous times? Really? Instead of buying sliders, maybe you may simply need to learn how to ride at low speed and park!

no just a little clumsy sometimes. Been riding for about 5 to 6 years now, busa is my second bike. Never wrecked or laid them down once, just dropped the busa once. Majority of the time i have almost dropped mine is bc when my wife is on the back when i'm trying to park, and she suddenly shifts over or something and about makes me spill it. I tell her all the time not to do it when i am trying to manuever the bike, but she just doesn't understand. Shouldn't have said i almost dropped it numerous times i guess, just had a few close calls due to loose footing in gravel, hitting dirt/debris while in a turn etc etc

I installed them last week. Oscar at T-Rex is your guy to contact. He sent me a PDF file with pictures of how to install these sliders.
Good quality product and easy to install.

Would u happen to still have that .pdf? can you post, PM it or email it to me?

Back