Got my First Ticket on My Bike

Thats what insurance is for, and if you park near the back to the parking spot your bike can very easily be seen as someone on coming down the isle of parking spots. Crap does happen your right, but like I stated in the beginning, thats what insurance is for. A sidewalk is for people to walk on, no matter how big it is it is not for motor vehicles. Most sidewalks don't even allow skateboards or bicycles to be ridden on them why in the world would a motorcycle be allowed??? Before someone says it was parked and not being rode, how do you think it got on the sidewalk?

Well hate to break it to you...Insurance is not required in florida and as times
are tough (very tough) I had to cancel mine over a year ago.

Not to mention I lock my helmet to my bike as the gym does not have lockers
big enough to store them, so I like being close to the door to discourage someone
cutting the strap and hauling it off.

Forget all the :bs: yada yada...TELL ME WHAT MY BIKE HURTS BEING WHERE
IT IS...exactly who is even remotley inconvienced by it.

When we let a law override common sense and follow something to the letter
just because someone before us wrote it down, we all become just a little bit
dumber...sheeple. It's like sitting a stop light at 3 a.m. with no one there
for miles and it wont turn green...but we sit there...so after waiting for what
seems like an eternity...we run the light, only to get pulled by a trouper under
a tree we didn't see and given a ticket because...it the RULEZ...let's
start thinking for ourselves.:banghead:

No harm to ANYBODY ANYWHERE...no foul.

Last edited:
Well hate to break it to you...Insurance is not required in florida and as times

big enough to store them, so I like being close to the door to discourage someone

for miles and it wont turn green...
but we sit there...so after waiting for what
seems like an eternity...we run the light, only to get pulled by a trouper under

I pushed my bike through a light once just to avoid a senseless ticket.
Some laws are just dumb in certain situations. Id say go to court and explain its not in the way ect... but im willing to bet the judge would say "The law is the law." :banghead:

It might make you feel better if you look at it another way. Be proud of how many times you got away with it. Don't dwell on the one time you got caught. If you've parked there 100 times, it's only cost you a buck ten per.

It's private property, your a guest there, they make the rules. If you don't like them don't enter the property, if you don't follow them expect to get caught and cited. Instead of whining go to them and request M/C only parking spaces. Tell them it would keep M/C's off the sidewalks and also increase available parking as, 10 M/C's would fit in the space of 2 cage spots which would free up 8 spaces.

In tough times common sense would be not to park illegally if you can not afford the consequences.

The RULEZ is the RULEZ even when no one is looking, even when no apparent harm was done.

It might make you feel better if you look at it another way. Be proud of how many times you got away with it. Don't dwell on the one time you got caught. If you've parked there 100 times, it's only cost you a buck ten per.

It's private property, your a guest there, they make the rules. If you don't like them don't enter the property, if you don't follow them expect to get caught and cited. Instead of whining go to them and request M/C only parking spaces. Tell them it would keep M/C's off the sidewalks and also increase available parking as, 10 M/C's would fit in the space of 2 cage spots which would free up 8 spaces.

In tough times common sense would be not to park illegally if you can not afford the consequences.

The RULEZ is the RULEZ even when no one is looking, even when no apparent harm was done.

Interesting you say it's private property...???
The gym owners don't care...wonder if that applies.

Last edited:
Interesting you say it's private property...???
The gym owners don't care...wonder if that applies.

They most likely lease. If they don't, they will likely play both sides so as not to piss off either. ie tell you they don't care and tell the cagers/non M/C customers they don't like M/C's on the sidewalk either. Times are tough, why chase off anyone?

What it hurts being there is the "what if factor". Say you park your bike there then another and another and another eventually you have people having to walk in the street to avoid motorcycles on the sidewalk. Say you are pulling up on the sidewalk and a little kid you didn't see runs out in front of you and you run him over possibly killing him. What if you are on the sidewalk and for some reason slip up and have an accident and you are hurt, no bike insurance I am sure you have no health insurance and some ambulance chaser lawyer meets you at the hospital and says the gym should have had it posted for no motorcycles then you sew for medical and stupidity. Same goes for the red light thing if the light won't change make a right hand turn then find a spot to turn around go back and make another right hand turn . . . pretty simple. Don't know about the laws in Florida but in Tennessee I think after 3 - 5 minutes you can safely pass through a red, or something like that. Either way laws are put in place to protect whether you like them or not you have to follow them or you face the consequences. In this case its pretty obvious you don't like this law and it really doesn't matter its still a law and you still have to pay the consequence which in this case is a $110 fine. I do agree it is kinda steep, but would be worth going to court and atleast explaining your side, if your lucky and nice the judge may let you off.
Another thing your worried about someone stealing your helmet what about when someone is pissed because you think your special and can park anywhere you want and they take a bat to your bike?? Chances are you won't see them if you didn't see a cop write a ticket. I know everytime I see a car parked sideways taking up 2 or sometimes 3 spots to make sure no one parks next to them I am always tempted to bust out the windows and slash the tires. I will never do it but who is to say someone else won't?? I usually just park about an inch away just to try and piss them off :thumbsup:

No matter how many times we've done it, we know that you could get ticketed for parking on the sidewalk, so what's all the crying about?
Big, small, long, short, wide or narrow it doesn't matter, it's a sidewalk and the law says you can't park on it.
What's this talk about not getting a warning, are officials supposed to hand out warnings all day?
"Uh, wait a sec there LEO, you can't write me a ticket because I didn't get a warning first." ???

Man-up, pay the ticket and move along!

Last edited:
Back