Got my first oil and filter change done tonight

Eddie

Registered
Completed my first oil and filter change tonight on my '08. Thanks to Blanca Busa's video (thank you!), it went perfectly! Got the fairing off in less than 10 minutes without issue and back on in about the same time.

busanofairing.jpg

This is how much room you have to work with to remove the oil filter with Yosh headers...

busafilter1.jpg

busafilter2.jpg

There IS enough room to get the filter out and a K&N filter back in without having to unbolt or remove anything from the bike. Some well placed aluminum foil keeps oil off the headers...

busafilter3.jpg

Fairing went back on with no drama and no scratches or chips in the paint. :thumbsup:

Dont ya love how easy it is to get the faring off and the plastic sound it makes. Hey, great job for doing it yourself, :cheerleader: it saves alot of money instead of the stealer doing it. plus the faring gets easyer as you get use to removing it. PS I made an oil catcher to catch the oil while the filter is spinning off, got a large plastic drink cup cut it long ways in half and put a hole at the end of the base of the cup so it drains into the oil pan under the bike. I put the top of the cup under the filter and it works great. and a rag on the header to catch the drops when removing the filter from the area. Sorry for the bla bla bla. :banghead:

Way to go!!!! You paid a third less and probably used better oil/filter than the stealer. Now you have extra pennies for other things like go fast parts and bling bling!!!! I love the blue and gold rims too. Nice ride sir.

There's no way in hell I'd pay the stealer to change the oil and filter and trust them not to break tabs off the fairing or chip/scratch the paint. I'd much rather do it myself and know it's done right. The fairing comes off pretty easily, but it does make some scary sounds while you're working with it!:O I work in the auto body business though, so I'm used to it. Just gotta take your time and use finesse. I put some petroleum jelly on the tabs on the fairing to help ensure they pop off easily next time I change the oil.:agree:

Thanks! I used a K&N filter and Motul 300V double ester oil. She shifts like butta!:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Good on you. I just open the bottom up and reach in for my filter. With the bike on the rear stand I get very little oil on the header and just clean it up pretty quick with a shop rag. Be very careful with the drain plug. They strip pretty easy. I need to remember to get a crush washer the next time I change mine. Still running the original.

Back