Got my dream bike

sailboatjoe

Registered
I finally got my dream bike after all these years. I'd been dreaming of owning a Hayabussa sense i was 18 and now I'm 30. I did it right all the way up started learning to ride on a Honda rebel then moved up to a 2003 GSXR 600 later a 2007 GSXR 750 really loved the 750. But the Hayabusa was always the dream. I started to think it would never be up dated but when the Gen II came out it was love at first sight. I know the blue ones are the fastest so when the time came to move up I bought a used Blue 08 instead of a new thinking I'd use the extra money for mods. But Now that I have her home for awhile I've noticed fluid on the front disk. That makes me a little worried. I found some used front brakes on line and lots of rebuild kits. Also a set of brembos might be an idea. So I should be able to fix it. I love to fix things. Any one ever rebuilt a front brake before? The bike has Glafer steal braided lines but they are blue and gold and kind of flashy for me. Ill swap them out with some black ones when I get some time. Also Id like to get some lighter wheels still gold of course, if any one knows a good place to get sport bike wheels. I love how stealthy the original exhaust sounds but I might have to go after market set if any buddy know of some good lighter quite ones. I'd like to not announce to every HWY cop in the state to warm up there radars. I'm loving my new girl and looking forward to my projects and as is tradition here is a pic of my new love.

mybusa 1.JPG

mybusa 3.JPG

Welcome and Congrats on the new ride!!!!!
I don't know much about brakes. But, I think saw a thread in here about rebuilding calipers. Anyways I'm sure one of the brake gurus here will show up anytime.

Be safe!!!

Welcome, the Hayabusa is a completely different animal than any other bike. Congrats and enjoy it.

With the fluid being seen it is probably more likely a leaking fork seal than the brakes.??? But if indeed it is your brakes I wouldn't even mess with rebuilding when you can buy a brand new oem set-up for probably less than the rebuild parts. $50 shipped to you, that's cheaper than just buying pads and like getting calipers and hoses for free.

08 09 10 11 Suzuki Hayabusa Front Calipers new OEM 59100-41G30 | eBay

I didn't think of it being the forks seals but that would make a lot of since Ill look in to that for sure.

Nice bike dude :laugh: I've always liked the blue color but ended up with a black/orange color but still love it :laugh:

WELCOME!!! :beerchug:

Glad to see you bought a BLUE/GOLD one... :laugh:

Any other info on the bike?

Seems odd they would add aftermarket brake lines but leave all the reflectors on... :lol:

Back