got me busa dynoed

Seems like a Yosh full exhaust, pcIII and a good map, and K&N air filter would probably be the best bang-for-the-buck, although it sounds like you're looking for a bigger number than they'll give you.

Going turbo is a different ballgame, since you're balancing power, reliability, and maintenance.

I dyno'd yesterday at 151hp 91.5ft/lbs. All stock except modded stock pipes. Buddy with 04 completely stock ran 145hp 87ft/lbs right after me.

you can get a ti force sumo now a days for the same as the yosh or sometimes less depending on were you get it from, the way mine sits, mine dynos every 2 weeks pretty much spot on ( I dyno it trying to get the nos map dialed in) @

178 rwhp at 101 ft#s

ti force sumo, pc3 usb (mapped by quasar) small air box mod, pair valve removed,

(bradsbusa @ Jun. 16 2007,20:58) yoshi slip ons/ marble mod .16-42 gear,,,tre,,,,   small air box mod   u get on a 2006    ,,      155.54 horse power at   169 mph   in 5th gear ,,,  
Not to get off of the topic, but you got 169mph in 5th gear with a 16/42 setup? I always heard that gearing was only good for about 165mph in 6th gear ... and that's hitting the limiter.

yeah, that's normal, simple mods, will give you hidden power!
bowdown.gif

(NightCrawler @ Jun. 17 2007,13:46)
(bradsbusa @ Jun. 16 2007,20:58) yoshi slip ons/ marble mod .16-42 gear,,,tre,,,,   small air box mod   u get on a 2006    ,,      155.54 horse power at   169 mph   in 5th gear ,,,  
Not to get off of the topic, but you got 169mph in 5th gear with a 16/42 setup? I always heard that gearing was only good for about 165mph in 6th gear ... and that's hitting the limiter.
16/42 will gt you right to 169 in 5th gear and 174 in 6th at he limiter. I run that set up and mine has been confirmed on a couple dynos.

add a full exhaust (from header to exhaust), small airbox mod and get a PCIIIUSB. Dynotune and get CUSTOM MAP!! Do this and you'll easily get into the mid 160's.

Add some Webcams or Yoshcams, get em degreed, and you should be in the 170's-180's.

(proud dad @ Jun. 16 2007,18:09) Call Greg at HPC he'll set ya up.There's a couple on here with his set up.One is 174rwhp.the other is 178rwhp.Not saying you will get that,cause all bikes are differant.But that set up has great performance gains.
I can vouche for that. I am running the exact same thing: Tsukigi Spec II Race, Short Velocity stacks, small airbox mod, Pipercross race filter, PCIII and a custom map from Greg and my consistantly put down 174-176hp. I was totally happy with the results.

(Copperone @ Jun. 17 2007,09:14) I have scorpian sllipons and mine dynoed at 154.
Case in point right there! No gains. That is what a stock reading should be off of the floor.

My 2000 at first read 162hp/99.20tq.

I feel that if you are going to spend money on a pipe, then spend it once and spend it appropriately!!

But a BDE Gen III or Akrapovic TiEvo first time through. Spend your money once and DO NOT waste your money on slip-on's guys! It is self defeating and anyone that knows anything knows that it is just throwing your money in the street.

Turbocharging, mapping and all the gadgetry that goes with getting a turbo is and never will be a small task and for those that are being tempted to that arena should be forewarned. It can not be short-sheeted and requires finese and a very savvy tech to extract and place right where you want it! Plan to spend an easy 10K+ to "get it right"!

So, money on the right pipe THE FIRST TIME, a BMC "Race" filter (more HP over the K&N), a PCIIIr w/a custom map from Quasar (if you can), a GPS mod from 'Smithabusa' (eliminating need for TRE) and a 3-4HP gain with a PCS mod.

The only other thing you can do is shave weight off of the bike, i.e, bling, rear set weights, wheels with low MOI #'s and Yoyodyne body panels, etc., etc.

If that gets boring,,, go big block for reliability and get 195-210 all day long with no worrying about turbo lag and long term reliabilities. Save the turbo headache for someone else.

Oh yeah, cut back on a few of those afternoon cheeseburgers and lose 20 pounds from that fat ass of yours!
super.gif
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

I found the Tsukigi exhaust on a site but not sure if it is the right one. Where did you get it and the small stacks? I would like to bump up my HP I dynoed out at 159. something with Two Brothers 4-2-1 BMC race filter small airbox mod and PCII for my 2000 I can still use the PCII correct

you're numbers seem fine based on your setup.. want more... how deep are your pockets?

a good full system like brocks, TiForce, Akra, HMF, and a few select others will really help once tuned with a DJbox.

My 04 Dyno'ed 158 with a stock configuration, so it sounds about right to me.

And while I agree with the full system v. slip on argument (in favor of the full system), keep in mind there is a weight reduction as well that won't factor into your dyno numbers.

Just had my 07 Dyno'd with full Akro evo, PCIII usb, K&N filter and GIPRO fitted and no other mods. 174.2 RWBHP and 101ftlb torque. Power curve is faultless. Real happy.
super.gif

busa_2_mod.jpg

Back