Got lucky today.. group ride..ten bikes..hooters..Ducati dealer..cops...oh sh*t cops!

rashad

Registered
So we made a trip to state college today.. There is a ducati dealer and they do demo rides, so we figured we should ride up and make a trip out of it. It was a blast..

Definitely different with ten bikes than three.. I was one of the few with a coat on... lots of t shirt guys... I didnt know everyone so I kept my distance when lane sharing.. but pretty well behaved group..

When we rolled into hooters, the bikes got soaked while we ate. We missed the rain coming home somehow..but i bet some guys wished they had worn jackets on the wet roads.

Bikes:

Newer gixxer 1000
Newer ZX-14-Stretched, lowered, n2o
New R6
Old Gixxer1100..guy works at a suzuki dealer
Newer Gixxer750
Newer gixxer600
SV650
Another Gix 1000
Black busa-ridden by a police officer
Me and my busa

While coming home, there was a bit of an incident... we were playing around and getting kinda excited (happens with 10 sport bikes).. and the group got separated.. I was in the back of the pack...

There was construction so we were stuck behind slow cars in the only lane open for a few miles.

Guy on the 750 decided he would pass on the berm or half-lane of concrete (smooth pavement, and not really unsafe at the time because he had plenty of pavement, but still illegal) to catch up to them.. we stayed back.

We then did some high speed running once past all the construction and cars.

There is a few miles of straight highway up there just begging for the busa to be in charge..

Gsxr1000 was leading the charge on the right, going maybe 140ish when I passed him.... full tuck, what its made to do. Yes, its that much different.:rulez:

Anyhow, We slowed down to the speed limit because cars were coming err we were coming up on them.. I was behind sv650, and I noticed a car come onto the highway... beige cruiser.
I said in my helmet "Oh ****, thats a cop!"
He had my plate. I pulled over when the lights came on, my buddy kept right on going lol... like no one was there... kinda used me for bait.

When I took my helmet off, I thought about my upcoming court date for 98 in a 55 and how the cop had said I should take the court date so that I wouldnt have a ticket (aka he had to write one during the speedtrap but he wouldnt show up). The court date is tuesday.. "Cant get that lucky twice.." I thought.

The cop jumps out and its a kid I grew up with. Ive drank and partied with him and helped him with his lowrider truck years ago. Hes acting a little different, because I am sure being more responsible is a good look for a police officer... but I can still see the old partier and he tells me to hang out a bit after running my license etc..He told me he may have to write something but it wont be for points.

He comes back and explains how he talked to the chief and hes letting me go. Basically what happened was: Someone in one of the cars had called it in about us 'passing cars on the median" etc etc.. So he said they could write a ticket based on just that info.. (i figured that would get thrown out if contested though). He told the chief Im a straight shooter and that I just got the bike and am scared of it, and wasnt one of the perps.

All of the other guys got pulled over INCLUDING the guy who kept riding on the sv.. And from what i can tell so far no one got a ticket...

Its my girlfriends birthday. I would have hated to tell her about ANOTHER ticket.:laugh:

All in all.. it was a good day. I learned though.. dont ride with people who do stupid things in traffic... you may get in trouble for "association."

Re: Got lucky today.. group ride..ten bikes..hooters..Ducati dealer..cops...oh sh*t c

Glad it all worked out for you, I will be the first to admit there are times when you just have to play, I know I know its not safe, But who really wants to live life safe all the time.

Re: Got lucky today.. group ride..ten bikes..hooters..Ducati dealer..cops...oh sh*t c

I took a few pics.. but nothing good.. It seemed like everyone was always in a hurry and I was always last to leave lol...

IMG00065-20090725-1405.jpg

IMG00066-20090725-1405.jpg

IMG00068-20090725-1546.jpg

IMG00069-20090725-1642.jpg

IMG00070-20090725-1652.jpg

Glad to hear you made it out with out a ticket!

Be glad the cop wasn't around when you were in the tuck. :whistle:

hhhhmmmmm no one is gonna complain about preferential treatment...:whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: glad you made it:thumbsup:

So, we want to know, did you demo a Ducati? :sneaky2:

By the way, nice pics, looks like it was a fun time.

glad you all had a good time.. LOL about association. We have some of those... :whistle:

yeah it was a blast.. already started preaching atgatt... gonna work on some guys.

I didnt get to test a duc.. i wanted to try the new streetfighter.. GOD that is gorgeous!

Oh and they had a 43,000 dollar bayliss edition 1098... omg... not to mention the amazing looking hayden 848.

But the rain started right as we got there:poke:

ok, let me see if i got this right?...you were at hooters, and the pics u got are of some guy, and a table full of helmets...

post-12-36436-33.jpg

wow... ok ???

:laugh:

???

ok, let me see if i got this right?...you were at hooters, and the pics u got are of some guy, and a table full of helmets...

:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

LOL.. i hate you guys,...

The guy is brandon(gix600) and I only took that pic to send to my GIRLFRIEND to make her jealous because she loves Hooters..hence the HOOTERS menu in his girlfriends hand! (see the fingernails?)

I knew that would come up. The girls were umm.. not that good looking at this hooters...I was trying to be nice.:rofl::rofl:

Yeah.now I need a stripclub meet to redeem myself.. pics to come...

Back