Got hassled today

CorrodedAlien

Registered
Ok, I just put on a new chain and rear sprocket along w/ nice shiny D&D Black boltons... I'm going to a customers and actually am not the fastest thing on the road and... I get pulled over for supposedly harrassing somone 15 miles back when there was a county mounty near by. I mean I was driving in the #2 lane for most of the time, around 80 or below (flow speed), people were passing me in the #1 lane, I get to the exit before I am about to get off the highway and see a CHP jump onto the ramp. I'm thinking he 1) just finished up w/ someone else or 2) he just finished his burrito and got a call. Nope he pulls onto the road anbd in behind me (now in the #3 lane getting ready to get off) so I move over to the exit lane and he moves in behind me. OK I was doing 75 and getting passed by almost ever car out there... I pull off at my exit and he flashes me and I pull off.

I ask him what's up and he tells me there was a complaint by a lady (someone) back at the Black Mountain Road ramp, says I was driving slow, getting in her way, and she was scared I was going to "Do Something". Honestly, I have no F'ng idea what he is talking about. WFT!!!!

He talks my info and let's me go w/ a lame "We have to investigate" thing...

I have never been pulled over on any bike. I was even being nice and driving in the #2 lane UNDER fast flow speed, damn, I guess I should just blasted along @ 90 like I normally do...
firedevil.gif

That pisses me off just thinking about it.!!!! The lady was probably pettin her kitty and gettin all hot over that burning copper...and then nearly had a wreck!!!

<!--EDIT|CouchRocket
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126749217 -->

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's the funniest stuff I've heard in awhile. On a Bus, going UNDER the general rate of speed...and get pulled over...ONLY YOU, BRO, could have something like that happen.
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

that cop could've just been a biker hater and wanted to abuse his authority on a biker. i doubt he ever got a 'complaint from a woman'.

...and to think I was always worried about the cagers calling me in for excessive speed
rock.gif

laugh.gif

You were profiled. The old lady story is no doubt BS, he has to give you the reason why he stopped you. He was just checking you out. Warrants, expired dl, insurance etc. Your lucky he let you go.

Lucky? Umm yeah...the cop is lucky it wasn't me. Thats who is lucky.

Just for fun, go file a complaint against the cop. If there was actually a call to 911 they'll have it pegged down to the exact second it came in.

Odds are good though that it was a case of road rage and you just fit the description of "sport bike". If that's the case no big deal, he was just doing his job.
I used to get fired up with the road rage deal to the point of nearly killing stupid people. Now I just call 911, give a plate number and say I think they're really drunk. Worst case they get delayed, best case the cop really does find drugs or alcohol.
laugh.gif

I'm with everyone else, that reason for pulling you over is absolute BS, its called profiling. Same concept with a black guy driving an expensive car, must be drug dealer. The 'Busa draws a lot of attention good and bad, and with that bike will come the profile that youre an outlaw. Mines lowered with a few accessories and it looks ready for the dragstrip, not the local roads. They jump on me all the time where I live, lucky I know a few of them. Either accept it or get a Vespa.

The irony is, if you had sped up you probably would have gotten a speeding ticket when passing by the cop
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Busaman86
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126756299 -->

That's another thing, at least 5 people passed the county sheriff, at worst I'll pace a cop, not pass him.

I was going slower partly because of the new chain, sprocket and exhaust, want to go back over all the bolts and nuts to make sure nothing got left on the side of the road.

Got stopped for the first time on mine the other night. Had never had it happen in over 40 years of riding. I think the officer just wanted to check out my bike since he did not give me a ticket.

I would definitely investigate like was suggested. If you know an attorney who would do it for free...have him investigate the 911 call list for that time of day.

TOO SLOW? ? ? Sillyness. Could have told him "I will take care of that slowness thing on my next pass if you promise not to ticket me"

Back